Weight loss soup for cleansing- In truth, having different choices can be a great thing. However, it becomes a problem when you have to decide what you want.
This is why many ask if soups are better than a salad or if it is the other way round.
Since most packaged foods that we go for only contain about two servings, the soup can compliment them and get you the recommended fruit and vegetable intake.
With these weight loss soup recipes, your daily nutritional score can leap from almost non-existent to the recommended daily intake in no time. How?
Each recipe provides three to four servings of vegetables, fruits, and presto. When combined with other sources of nutrition, you will find that you have the perfect diet to gain the recommended daily nutrient intake.
Did you know that soups contain a more significant part in getting your daily required amount of nutrients?
The USDA recommends that you get about five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily, and these weight loss soup recipes can help you achieve this.
Let’s delve into these Effective Weight Loss Soup Recipes one after the other.
1. Fat Melting Vegetable Soup
First on our list of weight loss soup recipes is this fat melting vegetable soup. The soup aids fat loss by balancing the level of acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium in the body’s organs and glands.
It is also a delicious and warming treat that helps you to detox your body while adding the necessary nutrient to the body.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato (peeled and cut into 1-inch cube sizes)
- 1 stalk of dried celery
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 diced small-sized yellow onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- A pinch of Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 (15 ounces) cans of drained and rinsed navy beans (or black beans)
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups of loosely packed baby spinach (or 2 sliced zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil (This is optional for serving. Use 1/2 teaspoon per serving)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with no added salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except spinach and olive oil in a slow cooker
- Then, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender
- Now, add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, this should take approximately 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Or if you prefer the stovetop method,
- Follow the instructions stated above for prep, cover, and allow to simmer for two hours or until veggies are tender
- Stir the soup at 15 minutes intervals to prevent sticking
- Then, add spinach at the end of cooking time and remove from heat
- Cover to allow spinach wilt before serving.
2. Overnight Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
On its own, Oatmeal is deeply satisfying. It is a perfect balance of creamy and chewy while filling without making you heavy, thanks to its fibrous content.
When you add extra apples and remove the brown sugar, you get a healthier meal.
- 1 cup of steel-cut oats
- 2 cored, peeled and diced apples
- 1½ cups of coconut milk
- 1½ cups of water
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Optional Topping Ingredients: Additional cinnamon or brown sugar, Chopped nuts (like almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.), Fruit (such as banana slices, fresh apple, or berries)
- Thoroughly spray the inside of your slow cooker with oil (Note that this is an important step)
- Then, add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine well
- Cook on low for about 5-7 hours
- Serve and allow to cool. You may add toppings of your choice.
3. Tortilla Soup
For some time, tortilla soup has rivaled chicken soup as a significant part of menus for substantial restaurants.
It is greatly loved for the pulled chicken, the soothing tomato broth, and the pile of fixings that it offers.
Plus, with this fantastic soup on our list of weight loss soup recipes, you get up to 86 percent of your daily sodium allotment.
- 1 Tbsp of canola oil
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can (14 oz)of whole peeled tomatoes
- ¾ lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp of chipotle pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ avocado that has been pitted, peeled, and cut into cubes
- Sliced radishes
- Chopped onion
- Pickled jalapeños
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the canola oil over medium heat in a large pot
- Now, cook the onion and garlic until soft and translucent
- Transfer to a blender and add the tomatoes (with juice) and chipotle; blend until smooth
- Return blend to the pot and add the chicken broth
- Then, Bring to a simmer
- Afterward, season the chicken with salt and pepper and drop the breasts into the liquid whole
- Boil them in the soup until thoroughly cooked, this should take about 10 minutes
- Remove and slice thin just before serving
- Then, preheat the oven to 450°F and lay the tortilla strips on a baking sheet
- Bake until lightly brown and crispy
- Now, season the soup with the lime juice and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and hot sauce (if using)
- Pour into four warm bowls
- And top with the chicken, tortilla strips, avocado, and as many of the other garnishes as you’d like to use.
4. Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup with Barley
When trying to find the best weight loss soup for cleansing, barley is a great option. It is filled with fiber, which makes it satisfying and digestion aid.
When combined with other ingredients such as sweet potatoes and veggies like corn, green bell pepper, green beans, and carrots, it ensures that the soup is loaded with nutrients.
- 1 cup of uncooked regular pearl barley
- A single dried bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups of ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, halved crosswise
- 1/2 tsp. of fennel seed
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1 chopped medium onion
- Half cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 1 large dark-orange sweet potato that has been peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups of Niblets® frozen corn (from 12-oz.bag)
- 2 cans (14-oz each) of vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® and frozen cut green beans (from 12-oz bag)
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- A can (14.5-oz) of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 cups of water
- In 5 to a 6-quart slow cooker, arrange all ingredients except tomatoes in layers without stirring
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours
- About 10 minutes before serving, stir tomatoes into soup
- Then, cover and cook again on low setting for 10 minutes or till tomatoes are well-heated
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
5. Broccoli-Cheddar Soup
Next on our list of best weight loss soup recipes is the Broccoli-cheddar soup.
Although traditionally, the Broccoli-Cheddar soup is all about the cheese, this recipe modifies tradition by adding broccoli to a handful of sharp Cheddar.
This produces a rich, creamy-textured soup. With the beer, this soup gives relief to the body and soul.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, cutting it into florets with stem thinly sliced
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 Tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of chicken stock with low sodium
- 4 Parmesan Crisps
- 1 cup of beer (preferably a full-flavored ale like Bass)
- 1 cup of torn sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salt, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce to taste
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large pot and add onion, carrot, broccoli, and garlic
- Leave to cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetable is soft
- Stir in the flour, then cook until it thoroughly coats all of the vegetables
- Add stock and beer, repeatedly stirring to stop the powder from clumping
- Simmer mix for a few minutes and then pour the mixture (working in batches, if need be) into a blender and puree until mostly smooth. You can also use a hand blender in pouring the soup in the pot.
- Return the soup to the pot and allow to simmer over low heat
- Then, pour in the milk by stirring and cheese
- After the cheese has fully dissolved into the soup, season with salt and pepper and a few good shakes of Tabasco
- Serve each bowl of soup with a Parmesan crisp floating in the middle.
6. Fat-Free Crock Pot Chili
Usually, chili contains high calorie, fat, and sodium contents.
However, a bowl of this vegan chili, dotted with slimming veggies like zucchini, bell pepper, and corn, makes the list of weight loss soup for cleansing the entire body system.
For an even better result, increase the heat and burn fat by adding extra cayenne.
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ cup of water
- 1 diced onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 diced zucchini
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes, fresh or packed in BPA-free cartons
- 3 cups of cooked kidney or pinto beans ( Or 2 15-ounce cans of low-sodium or no-salt-added kidney beans)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a crockpot
- Then, cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours.
7. Chicken on Fire Chili
The cilantro ingredient in this recipe helps to heal bloat and soothe digestive issues.
Also, adding a squeeze of fresh lemon gives the dish a citrusy, appetite-suppressing kick. All of this earns this soup a spot on our list of seven best weight loss soup recipes.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) of BUSH’S Cocina Latina® Pintos a la Diablo
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) of BUSH’S® White Hominy
- 3 cups of chicken stock with low sodium content
- 1 medium jalapeños that are sliced into rings (Remove seed for less heat.)
- 3 medium (6 ounces) of chicken breast
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or until the internal temperature of chicken is at least 165 degrees F
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks
- Return to a slow cooker for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly heated
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.
Do you sometimes get tired of your regular vegan and keto diets? Don’t be tempted to take up your fatty meals for a change of taste. These weight loss soup for cleansing would be perfect for your desire for a change of taste.
Delicious and rich as they are, you don’t have to worry about gaining weight because they contain healthy and weight loss ingredients. Try these weight loss soup for cleansing today.