There are a lot of vegan recipes a vegan should know- not only the ones included in a cookbook! As there are a variety of vegan recipes to choose from, these meals can be prepared at any time of the day.
Vegan recipes make use of vegetables and vegetables they say, are numerous. So, you can’t just think that you know almost all the recipes there are.
The vegetables used in making some vegan recipes are nutritious, and they can help to keep hunger off the mind.
This list of 10 vegan recipes is so versatile as even non-vegans can make them and enjoy some delicious treat. Try any of these deliciously amazing vegan recipes and get more out of your veggies!
Read Also: 17 Best Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
1. Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich
For the sandwich, you need
- 1/4 cup of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- A 15-oz can of chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon of spicy mustard
- Three tablespoons of vegan mayo
- One tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- Four pieces of lightly toasted gluten-free rustic bread
- Two tablespoons of fresh chili- finely chopped. If you are using dry chili, make it a tablespoon.
- A pinch of salt- to taste
- Sliced avocado, tomato, onion, or lettuce to serve. This is optional!
Garlic Herb Sauce- This is optional too!
- One teaspoon of dried chili
- Two cloves of garlic- minced
- 1/4 cup of hummus and
- Water or almond milk to mix till you get the perfect consistency
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, make the garlic sauce and keep at the side.
- In another bowl, pour chickpeas and gently use a fork to mash it up till you get a nice texture.
- Add mayo, mustard, red onion, maple syrup, sunflower seeds, salt, and pepper. Mix till combined.
- Taste for sweetness and season as desired.
- You can either toast your bread or serve it like that.
- Using a spoon, scoop the right amount of filling onto the pieces of bread, add toppings- tomato, onion, or lettuce, add sauce too.
- Place another two slices of bread onto the toppings and enjoy!
2. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Four medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of either coriander, cumin, cinnamon, or smoked paprika.
- A 15-oz can of chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- A pinch of salt or lemon juice
Garlic Herb Sauce:
- One teaspoon of dried dill
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of hummus
- Three cloves of fresh garlic- chopped
- Water or almond milk
- Salt- optional
For the topping, this is optional!
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- Chili garlic sauce
- Get a baking sheet ready by lining it with foil and preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, scrub and cut potatoes in half -lengthwise.
- Mix drained chickpeas, spices, and olive oil and pour onto the lined baking sheet.
- Rub a bit of the olive oil onto the sweet potatoes and place them onto the baking sheet, facing down.
- Put the ingredients to make the sauce together in a bowl while the potatoes are cooking.
- Mix till well combined, add water or almond milk to give it a thinner consistency if it is too thick.
- Add more seasonings- lemon juice, salt, garlic, and dill.
- To make the parsley-tomato topping, mix tomato, parsley, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Put it aside to marinate.
- Check if the potatoes are done and gently mash the insides. Add chickpeas, sauce, and tomato-parsley topping. Enjoy!
3. Cheesy BBQ Loaded Potatoes
- Four small russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup of chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- Two teaspoons of cornstarch
- 4-6 tablespoons of bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Chines- for toppings
- Scrub potatoes and make a few holes in each.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake till it gets cooked. Remove from the oven when it is done and set aside.
- Put together cooked brown rice, pecans, pepper, chickpeas, and salt in a food processor. Process until it looks like a coarsely ground meal.
- On medium-low heat, place a skillet and add some olive oil. Pour in the mixture and stir for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bbq- as much as you like.
- In another saucepan, combine shredded cheese and cornstarch and let it melt on low heat.
- Add milk, salt, and garlic powder, and mix until you achieve a cheese-dip consistency.
- Split baked potatoes into half and scoop in the bbq mix.
- Finally, drizzle some cheese sauce and sprinkle fresh chives to serve!
4. Spaghetti Squash Patties
- 1 cup of spaghetti squash
- Three tablespoons of green onions- finely chopped
- Two tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Two garlic cloves- finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil- you can also use the spray
- Any dipping sauce of your choice
For the Breadcrumbs:
- 1/2 cup organic plain breadcrumbs- make sure it is gluten-free
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Combine cooked spaghetti squash, chopped green onions, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped garlic cloves into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper on the mix to taste.
- Put together the ingredients for the breadcrumbs mix in another bowl.
- Set a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Prepare your spaghetti squash patties by making small balls off it.
- Coat each side of the patty with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Coat the heated pan with olive oil and add the coated patties into the pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the patties turn brown.
- Flip the patties from side to side to ensure proper cooking.
Note: Don’t cover the pan when you are doing this.
- When it is done, remove from heat and serve with our favorite dippings.
5. Vegan Philly Cheese Sandwich
- Two vegan hoagie rolls – scoop the center of the roll.
For the spicy saute:
- One medium-sized sweet onion- sliced
- One large red or green bell pepper- thinly stripped
- Few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Seitan Strips
- Two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons of diced hatch chilies
- Use 2 to 5 tablespoons of vegan cheddar cheese
- To garnish, use either fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, or sliced fresh chilies.
- Warm the rolls after preparing them in the oven.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add some oil.
- Add the veggies, peppers, onions, and the chilies- cook until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Now, add the pepper, salt, and spices while it’s still cooking.
- Add the cheese when the veggies are almost well-cooked and leave it to melt. Pour this mixture onto a plate to cool.
- Place the pan over heat again and add some oil to it. Saute the seitan strips and add additional seasonings to taste.
- Pour the veggie-cheese mixture into the skillet and mix with the cooked seitan.
- Remove from heat and scoop into the rolls. Garnish as desired and serve hot!
6. Greek Quinoa Buddha Bowl
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of dry quinoa
- One tomato- chopped
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- One avocado- thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- One lemon- sliced into wedges
- Salt and pepper- to taste.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil and add quinoa.
- Cover and let simmer for 13-15 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add a cup of spinach into a bowl or plate and ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the chickpeas, ¼ tomato, ¼ cup cucumber, two tablespoons of parsley and ¼ avocado.
- Top with two tablespoons of hummus, one tablespoon of hemp seeds and the juice of one lemon wedge.
- Season with salt and pepper.
7. Zucchini Noodle And Mushroom Marinara
For Zucchini Marinara, you need:
- 2 cups of homemade marinara sauce
- Two peeled and spiralized zucchinis
For the mushrooms:
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- One garlic clove- finely chopped
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper and few pinches of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium to low heat.
- Add red flakes and chopped garlic and fry until it is golden.
- Pour in the sliced mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Now add balsamic vinegar, ground pepper, and salt to the fries and leave it to cook on medium-low heat until the vinegar is incorporated. This will take about 10 minutes.
- While the mushroom is still cooking, spread your spiralized zucchini on a paper towel to drain some of the water.
- Slightly saute the zucchini in a pan over low heat with few drops of olive oil to allow the heat to pass through.
- Split the zucchini into two bowls and serve with a dollop of marinara sauce and a healthy scoop of mushrooms.
- Serve immediately!
8. Peanut And Cilantro Grilled Veggie Skewers
- A cup of cherry tomatoes
- One small zucchini
- One corn
- A cup and half of the halved mushrooms
For the marinade:
- One tablespoon of white miso
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter
- One dash of hot sauce
- One teaspoon of maple syrup
- Two cloves of garlic
- Juice from a lemon
- One teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- A cup of water
- Few pinches of salt and black pepper
- Prepare the veggies by cutting the mushrooms in halves, corn into 2cm per inch pieces and slice the zucchinis.
- Place the cut veggies into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the blended marinade to the veggies and mix them till they are fully coated.
- Let it sit for at least 40 minutes
- Pop the veggies onto about four skewers and grill the skewers on the grill pan or the barbeque for about 5 minutes.
- Flip them over and coat with some more marinade. Until the veggies are soft and they have grill marks.
- Serve immediately!
9. Easy Peanut Noodles
To make the peanut sauce:
- One and a half tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of creamy and natural peanut butter
- One teaspoon of soy sauce or tamari- keep more at hand.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of rice vinegar. You can use fresh lime juice- keep extra on the side
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- One teaspoon of sriracha
For the noodles and veggies:
- 8 oz of soba noodles- you can use pasta or rice noodles.
- Red peppers
- Chopped scallions
- Crushed peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the ingredients needed to make the peanut sauce together in a small bowl. Check for taste and add more seasonings if not enough.
- Cook noodles until soft.
- Prepare a skillet and heat a little oil in it.
- Add eggplant and mushroom and cook for some minutes until the mushrooms get soft.
- Pour the red pepper and scallions and cook some more. Then, add a drizzle of soy sauce or as desired.
- Coat the noodles with peanut sauce as desired. Add the veggies and season to taste.
- Top with crushed peanuts and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
10. Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 3 cups of grape tomatoes- cut in halves
- Ten ounces of whole wheat pasta- make sure it is gluten-free.
- Eight large garlic cloves- minced and grated
- Two medium-size shallots- cubed
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 1/1 cups of unsweetened plain almond breeze
- Four tablespoons of all-purpose flour- substitute with any thickener of choice.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix tomatoes, olive oil, and sea salt together in a bowl.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil to cook the pasta. Do this according to package instructions. Drain and set aside when it’s done.
- Prepare the sauce in a big skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour in a tablespoon of olive oil, shallot and garlic, a pinch of salt, and black pepper while stirring continuously.
- Let it cook for 4 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Now, add in the thickener and whisk together.
- Whisk in almond milk in bits, so it does not clump up.
- Add another pinch of salt and black pepper. Leave it to simmer and cook for some more minutes till it thickens.
- Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Add in the pasta and the roasted tomatoes. Stir well and serve immediately.
- You can garnish it with black pepper, vegan parmesan cheese, or fresh basil.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been vegan for a while or a newbie to the lifestyle, these vegan recipes are sure to fill you up while providing the comfort of your go-to fall foods.
Each of these vegan recipes makes use of the best ingredients while putting a spin on the classic methods of preparing them.
Get on the delicious and healthy food game by eating these vegan recipes!