Triceps Exercises for Women- Triceps are major muscles in the upper body that is responsible for arm movement. They play a key role in ensuring that shoulders are balanced, giving you a nice posture and build.
For the perfect arm, it is vital that you exercise your triceps to sculpt and tone your arms; otherwise, you will have flabby arms.
Flabby arms are as disconcerting as a jiggly tummy. They can make you look older, unfit, and greatly distort your wardrobe by eliminating sleeveless clothes.
Apart from this, flabby arms can ruin your entire look even if you have an amazing figure and this can destroy your self-confidence by creating a negative body image.
There are two primary causes of flabby arms. One is that as we age, the skin loses its elasticity and another is due to the accumulation of excess fat in the arm region.
This storage of fat can occur as a result of changes that happen as we grow old. Such hormonal changes reduce the rate of metabolism which means that you lose fewer calories than usual during the day.
Also, lack of exercise, like triceps exercises for women, and not following a proper diet puts you at more risk of gaining weight. Therefore, if you are looking to achieve perfectly well-toned arms, it is important that you get rid of flabby arms.
There are diverse ways to tighten flabby arms and one of those is by performing triceps exercises for women. Such exercises work on your triceps and biceps so you can shed extra fat and build lean muscles.
This article contains an effective arm exercise routine that spans across 8 best triceps exercises for women to tone, trim, and lose flabby arm fat quickly.
- 10 Best Exercises to Get Rid of Saddlebags and Cellulite
- 7 Best Fat Burning Workouts For Quick Weight Loss
- 7 Best Leg Workouts At Home for Women to Lose Fat and Tone Legs without Weight
With these routine, you get to strengthen your core and tighten your waistline while also feeling the fat in your arm burn away.
For effectiveness, add these triceps exercises for women moves to your regular routine and in no time, you will be eager to show off your well-toned and sleek arm in sleeveless clothing.
1. Arm Stretches
When your hands are interlocked, your triceps get engaged. Pulling the hands to the opposite sides tones the triceps through further stretching.
This exercise for flabby arms is the best for those who have loose fat hanging on their triceps.
How To Do Arm Stretches:
- Raise your hands above your head
- Hold your right wrist using your left hand, then your left wrist with your right hand. This makes your hands interlocked.
- Now, using your right hand, pull your left hand towards your right in a way that the left elbow falls behind your head
- Release the tension and take your arms back to the center without releasing your wrists
- With your left hand, pull your right hand towards the left for your right elbow to fall behind your head
- Again, release the pull and take your hands to the center
- Repeat this for at least two sets of 20 repetitions each.
2. Triceps Dips
Next on our list of best triceps exercises for women is the triceps dip. This move can be performed anywhere by placing your hands on a chair or bench and raising your feet by placing a stool under them.
How To Do Triceps Dips:
- Get into your start position by placing your arms behind you on a bench or chair
- Then, slowly lower yourself while keeping your body upright and tucking your elbows close to your side
- Concentrate on lowering your body with your triceps only until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle
- From there, push your body back up while still using your triceps only
- Do about 30 reps of this move.
The plank move is a paramount triceps exercise that any woman looking to reduce arm fat has to try! It is great for toning flabby arms and sculpting a well-built arm.
How To Do The Plank Move:
- Get on the floor with your body in a horizontal position supported by your arms
- Ensure your arm is directly placed under your shoulder, place your wrists are in a neutral position, and keep your back in a straight line
- Then, stay in this position for 30 seconds or more
- After, slowly lower your body to the ground for a 10-second rest before repeating the move until you are tired.
Although push-ups are primarily a chest exercise, the move also works the triceps as a secondary muscle. Since the push-ups are often a measure of strength, it is important that you know how to do it.
How To Do The Push-Up:
- With your palms facing downward, place your hands on the floor at shoulder-width apart and a slight bend in your arms
- Then, keeping your feet together, support your weight on your hands and toes
- Slowly lower yourself to the floor until your chest is almost touching the floor; inhale as you make this move
- While exhaling deeply, push your body back to your starting position
- Steady yourself at the top before repeating the move.
Pull-ups are a perfect way to exercise your upper body and is effective in burning arm fat and reducing flabby arms.
When properly carried out, it is one of the most efficient exercises that women can try as it involves raising your body with your arms while pulling on a horizontal bar fixed above your head.
While doing this move, your wrists must stay in a neutral position with your elbows flexed and your shoulders extended to bring your elbows to or behind your torso.
If you like, you can bend your knees or hold your legs out in front of you to reduce swinging.
How To Do Pull-Ups:
- On a horizontal bar above your head, place your hands at shoulder-width apart
- Then, raise your body until your chin is above the bar level. Maintain your wrists in a neutral position
- Slowly bring your body back down to complete one rep
- If you are a beginner, repeat this exercise 5-10 times and slowly increase the number of reps as you progress.
Note: If you have difficulty raising your body horizontally, get someone to assist you in the movement.
6. One-Arm Side Push-Up
The one-arm side push-up is one of the best triceps exercises for women. This move targets the upper arm muscles and helps you to get rid of flabby arms quickly.
How To Do The One-Arm Side Push-Up:
- Start this by lying on your side with your knees slightly bent
- Then, place your left arm on your right shoulder so that it is crossed over your chest
- Slowly push your torso up with your right arm on the floor with your right palm facing down
- Switch sides and repeat the move with your left arm.
7. Handstand and Headstand Position
Although this exercise is very efficient for burning arm fat, it should not be performed without supervision and must be done with care.
If you are new to this move, you need someone to assist you to get the moves right. Also, you will need to do the exercise against the wall until such time that you have developed the strength and courage to do it without the wall.
This move needs proper upper-arm strength to maintain balance and proper alignment.
How To Do The Handstand and Headstand Move:
- Start by getting into a position where your knees are bent and move your upper body forward and down
- You can do this with the support of a wall
- Now, hold your hands together with your elbows at shoulder-width apart and position your head between your elbows
- From here, gently move your legs up one at a time until they are both placed against the wall
- Keep your head off the ground and with your arms, lift your body upward in a lifting motion
- Repeat the move at intervals while taking a break in between.
8. The Windmill
The windmill exercise builds strength in your shoulders, upper arms especially triceps, and your neck muscles. It reduces flabby arms and tones your arm muscle.
When you perform the move properly, you should feel a slight pain in your shoulders indicating that you are doing it well. The windmill is one of the best triceps exercises for women that improve flexibility and build the muscles around the tricep area.
How To Do The Windmill:
- With your feet flat and firm on the ground, stand up straight
- Extend your arms sideways until they are at a 90-degree angle to your body
- Then, start rotating your arms forward in a small, fast circle at a 360-degree motion
- Repeat the motion 20 times forward before reversing the movement
- If your arms feel weak, take a short break and repeat the move three more times.
Note: This move can be performed while sitting down. But, if you prefer to perform this move while sitting, ensure your feet are placed flat firmly on the ground and your back is straight.
Note that having a toned and trim arm flab takes time, effort and commitment. However, ensure you maintain a healthy diet, drink enough water and get enough sleep.
These exercises are all you need to make those loose, flabby arms well-toned. What are you waiting for? Get started today!