Times are changing; gone are the days when you have to get to the gym or get an instructor just because you need to tone up your body muscles. Things have become quite easy these days; do you know that you can have your legs, stomach, and arm toned up by consistently doing some exercises at home?
If you know this, then you need to stick to this article, and if you already know this, you will learn more by reading on.
Toning exercises help you lose that nagging excess body fat in your body. You probably see that your friend who has a very fit and curvy body every day, and you exclaim, “hmm, I wish I have a body like yours.” Of course, you can have it.
All that you need is the proper toning exercises and routines. Our body is probably the greatest gift we have; we can change how we look. However, only a few people take this advantage.
I have listened to people give all sorts of excuses for not engaging in an exercise, some will complain of not having adequate time, some will tell you it is too strenuous.
If you fall under the former category, then full-body toning exercises is probably meant for you, it takes little of your time, and the workouts we will be considering are observable at home.
For the latter group who believe exercises are too strenuous and enervating, have you ever heard the saying ‘No Pain, No Gain’?
What it takes to have that perfect body you dream of is regular toning exercises; hence, you have to figure out whether you want your dream body more of you would rather avoid the pain and stick with your current shape.
However, what I can tell you is that toning exercises are worth the pain, and the results are very visual.
4 Toning Exercises Tips You Should Know
It is very much possible to work out for long periods and experience only a little improvement in the body; this may be due to some of the choices you made. You should know the effective way to tone your full body.
The following are tips on how to tone your full body and what not to do to have an optimal result.
1. Be mindful of what you eat:
The muscles need a balanced diet to grow. If you want toning exercises to produce the results you desire, you are advised to consume highly nutritious, easily digestible meals. Consume more fruits and vegetables for optimal results.
2. Avoid taking alcohol before or immediately after the exercise:
Alcohol requires lots of energy for digestion; hence, if it is taken before or after the workout, it limits the effect of the training and diverts energy needed for the conduct of the exercise.
3. Ease yourself into the exercise:
Do not try to rush things, especially if you are a beginner. Remember the saying “Rome wasn’t built in a day,” this also applies to body toning.
Do not try to overwork yourself or rush things. Start with the low-intensity exercises and advance gradually to high-intensity workouts. This allows the body to adapt faster and smoothly.
4.Have fun while you train:
The best way to attain the target you have set for yourself is to ensure that you are enjoying the exercise. People who enjoy what they are doing tend to put in more zeal and enthusiasm in it, and this helps them with the optimal results.
What are The Benefits of Body Toning?
You may choose to engage in toning exercises in other to boost your physical appearance; however, if you are consistent with these exercises, you’ll get to enjoy other health benefits attached to toning. They are;
- Reduction of occurrence of illness and increase in strength levels.
- Toning improves general mood and mental health
- Toning enhances focus and concentration
Full Body Toning Exercises Which Can Be Done at Home
The plank is one of the best toning exercises which you can do at home. The plank helps build up both your upper and lower body. This exercise is also perfect for improving body strength and endurance.
Are you thinking of trying out this exercise? Follow the guide below.
- The first thing you need to do is to lay down with your face down.
- Use your hands and feet to hold up your body above the ground.
- Gently bend your elbows and rest your forearms on the floor.
- Ensure that your entire body is straight from the head to the back up to the ankles.
- Maintain this position for a while.
This is one of the most common toning exercises. Push-ups have been around for a very long time. This exercise helps with the entire upper body, which includes the biceps, triceps, chest, and arms.
Below is the procedure to follow for push-ups;
- The first step is to assume a plank position with your arms outstretched and your palms on the floor.
- Use your hands as a support for the weight of your body and push your torso from the floor
- Now, bring down your body until your chest is very close to the floor.
- Continue this up and down movement for 10 to 15 times.
Just as the name entails pull up involves pulling the body up from a lower position. This exercise is, without a doubt, beneficial for toning, and you can do this in the comfort of your room.
Pull-ups help build up your back, arms, and shoulder. Follow the guide below for pull-ups.
- Firstly locate a pull-up bar
- Grab on the pull-up bar and ensure that your knuckles are facing forward.
- Ensure that your chest is held up and your shoulders back
- Next, squeeze your glutes and cross your feet.
- Use your hands to pull up your body towards the bar until your chin touches the bar.
- Slowly bring down your body back to its initial position.
- Repeat this movement for as long as your body can take.
4. Jump Lunges
If you are a playful type of person, you will love jump lunges. This exercise is fun to do, and it is highly effective for toning.
The exercise requires no equipment and can be done at home. Jump lunges boost body balance and heart rate. Below is the guide for jump lunges.
- The first step is to assume a lunge position with your knees close to the floor.
- Jump into the air and ensure that you switch your legs as quick as you can (moving the back leg to the front)
- Repeat this as much as you can.
Handstands are highly effective for full-body toning. Handstand is probably one of the most overlooked exercises that exist. This is because most people think that they are incapable of doing it even when they haven’t tried it out.
There is no doubt the exercise looks a little bit tough; however, how do you know you are incapable of doing something without trying it out.
Hence, I recommend that you try out this workout before concluding that it is not for you. If you are having a difficult time doing this exercise, do it close to the wall, using the wall to hold your body. Below is the guide for the training.
- Start by placing your palms on the floor
- Ensure that the surrounding is clear of any obstacle
- Slowly move up your legs as if you are going for a summersault
- Hold up your legs in the air using your hands as the stand for the body
- Maintain this position for a while
- Slowly return your legs to the floor.
- You can do this 5 to 10 times.
Burpees is another full-body toning exercise that can be performed at home. This exercise requires no equipment, and it is particularly great for tummy toning. It will help you get rid of the excess fat on your tummy in no time. It also helps the body burn lots of calories.
Guide for Burpees
- The first step is to assume a squat position and put your palms on the floor in front of you.
- Move back your feet to assume a push-up position
- Move your chest down towards the floor
- Jump up again to the previous squat position.
- Immediately jump again this time to a standing position.
- Continue movement and ensure to increase your speed as you proceed.
7. Kettlebell swings
The kettlebell swing is no doubt one of the fun to do exercises. This exercise is perfect for a full-body toning, and it helps boost your endurance and strength. If you are also aiming to lose some weight or burn up some calories, then kettlebell swings are your go-to exercise.
Procedure for kettlebell swings
- Firstly you should stand up with your legs wide apart.
- Pick up your kettlebell, bend down and hold it in between your legs.
- Swing up the kettlebell over your head by rising and stretching your hands over your head with the kettlebell
- Swing the kettlebell back down to the middle of your legs
- Ensure that the kettlebell moves a little beyond your legs.
- Repeat this process all over again.
8. Jump Rope
If you have a girl child around, you are most likely going to see her jumping the rope now and then. This is to show you that jump rope can be fun, depending on how you wish to view it.
Jump rope is a highly effective full-body toning exercise that can be done at home. Jump rope strengthens your arms, legs, back, and hamstrings. It is also an excellent exercise for weight loss.
Guidelines for the Jump rope exercise
- The first thing you need to do is get a rope
- Grab the rope at each end of the handles.
- Start swinging the rope over your body
- Ensure that you jump when the rope is about to pass beneath your feet. You may encounter some difficulties if you are doing this for the first time, but remember that practice makes perfect.
- Keep jumping the rope for as long as your body can take.
The last but not least, the full-body toning exercise to be considered in the course of this article is none other than the popular squats.
Just like the push-ups, squats are an age-long exercise routine. Squats will help you tone your entire body with a little more emphasis on the thighs and back. Squats are also a calorie-burning exercise.
Are you interested in trying out squats? Kindly follow the guide below.
- Start by moving your legs apart (maintain a hip distance).
- Ensure that your back is straight and your shoulders are down.
- Now, bend your knees and lower your body into a sitting position.
- Keep going down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Ensure that your abs are engaged all through the exercise.
- Gently rise back to the initial position and repeat the process.
- Slowly raise back up and continue repeating the movement.
Exercise is perhaps the most effective and safe way to tone your body. With a little commitment and consistency, if you follow the instructions under any training of your choice, you will be amazed by the results you will get.