Scalp Psoriasis Home Remedies- Psoriasis is a kind of skin condition that usually develops on the scalp.
Scalp psoriasis can affect the scalp, one patch at a time, and it can change the entire scalp. This skin condition is common in adults. However, children, too, can have it.
It can spread from the scalp to the neck, ears, and forehead. Hair loss might occur as a result of complications- dry scalp and strenuously scratching the scalp.
Although there is no remedy for scalp psoriasis, the home remedies mentioned in this post will go a long way in the treatment of this skin condition.
It will help soothe the hurt and inflammations associated with psoriasis and will always come in handy whenever you need it.
Symptoms Of Scalp Psoriasis
The symptoms vary based on severity- some are mild, and some are severe.
Mild scalp psoriasis’ symptoms include:
- Raised scaly patches on the scalp,
- Flakes that looks like dandruff but it is not dandruff,
- Dry and silver-like scalp and much more.
For severe scalp psoriasis, the symptoms are:
- Itchy and flaky scalp,
- Red bumps on the scalp,
- Burning sensation on the scalp.
8 Effective Scalp Psoriasis Home Remedies That Works
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the scalp psoriasis home remedies featured in this post. It helps to calm the inflamed and itchy areas due to its soothing properties.
Also, it contains antioxidants that help to reduce the swell and speed up the healing process.
- 1/4 cup of pure Aloe Vera gel
- Eight drops of lavender oil
- Put the aloe Vera gel and lavender oil in the blender and process for some minutes.
- Apply the blended gel onto your scalp and leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Do this two times a week on the affected parts.
Note: For this treatment, you can also use Aloe Vera gel all by itself without adding lavender oil.
2. Rosewater And Sandalwood
Rosewater and sandalwood mix is one of the efficient scalp psoriasis home remedies. Sandalwood has antiseptic, astringent, and anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe and cure scalp psoriasis.
The sterile compounds in sandalwood help to improve the circulation of blood to the scalp, thereby encouraging hair growth.
Rosewater is a coolant that helps to soothe the scalp whenever there’s a hurt or a burning sensation.
- 3 tablespoon of rosewater
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- A bowl of water
- In a cooking pot or pan, combine a bowl of water and one teaspoon of sandalwood powder to it.
- Mix and boil the mixture on low flame.
- After the mix is boiled, pour in 3 tablespoons of rosewater and stir well.
- Take a bowl of water in 1 pan at first and add sandalwood (one teaspoon) powder to it. Then, you need to boil the mixture in low flame. After that, to the cooked mixture, add three tablespoons of rosewater and stir well.
- Leave it to cool and drink this up to 4 or 5 times daily for effective treatment.
Glycerin is another of the scalp psoriasis home remedies in that it helps to moisturize the scalp and combat dryness. Owing to its emollient and humectant properties, it also helps to treat flakiness of the scalp.
- Apply glycerin generously onto your scalp and where you have those patches.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse off when it’s morning.
- Repeat this process two times a week- based on your scalp needs.
4. Almond Powder
Almond powder is used to treat many skin conditions like eczema and acne. For scalp psoriasis treatment, the almond powder is not an exemption because it helps to treat scalp issues and promotes hair growth.
The moisturizing component in almond helps to heal eczema and scalp psoriasis. It also has fatty acids that help to moisturize the scalp, soften it, and improve blood circulation.
The Vitamin E in almond is suitable for the treatment of scalp psoriasis- it is an antioxidant that repairs damaged skin and protects it.
- 1 teaspoon of almond powder
- 1 cup of water
- Mix almond powder and water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the scalp.
- Leave it on the scalp for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use this treatment two times daily for best results.
5. Henna Powder
Henna, when applied to the inflamed scalp and other parts of the body, helps to cool the inflammation.
It is an astringent that helps control the scalp pH, thereby giving higher chances of healing the scalp. Henna also contains antimicrobial and antifungal elements that help to treat scalp psoriasis.
- Two tablespoons of organic henna powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Make a paste by mixing henna and coconut oil.
- You can add little water if it’s too thick.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and where you have the patches.
- Leave it on for some hours.
- Rinse off the paste with a mild shampoo after those hours have passed.
- Do this twice a month.
Note: Before you use henna on your skin, test for allergies by doing a patch test to be safe!
6. Ice Pack
An ice pack is one of the dominant scalp psoriasis home remedies. It helps to numb the nerve endings and cools the inflamed and itchy scalp patches.
- 1 pack of ice cubes
- Wrap up the ice packs in a clean cloth.
- Press the ice pack onto the affected parts of your scalp for 10-15 minutes.
- Do this three times daily for fast relief and treatment.
Yogurt is a mild exfoliant that helps to remove dry and dead skin cells from scalp psoriasis patches. It also helps to soothe itchy and inflamed scalp as a result of scalp psoriasis.
- Half a cup of plain yogurt
- Apply the yogurt to the scalp.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the yogurt with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this once a week.
8. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt helps to relieve the itchiness and burning feel caused by scalp psoriasis. Also, Epsom salt helps to soften the scalp to remove the flakes associated with the scalp condition quickly.
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- A bathtub of warm water
- A good skin moisturizer
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and add in two cups of Epsom salt.
- Stir well using your hand and have a soak in it.
- Do this for 15-20 minutes.
- Pat your scalp dry after you are done.
- Finish this treatment off by moisturizing your scalp.
- Repeat this process two times a week.
These scalp psoriasis home remedies are effective and sure trusted to help soothe the hurt and inflammations!