Pineapple for Weight Loss – I could eat ripe pineapples over and over again without getting tired. Who wouldn’t love the sweet, delicious and savory taste of this juicy fruit? Just the thought of the fruit gets me salivating.
I can not rule out the fact that “one man’s food is another man’s poison”. But if you’re a pineapple lover and you want to lose weight, you’ve got the chance to use pineapple for weight loss.
Please don’t get me wrong! I’m not saying that taking pineapple every day and at all times will magically melt your belly fat and make you lose weight. But, this super delicious fruit contains some vitamins and antioxidants that will pump your body with the necessary nutrients to achieve weight loss.
Keep reading to get more details on how you can use pineapple for weight loss.
- How it works for weight loss and belly fat reduction.
- The quantity you need to take daily.
- How to incorporate pineapple into your diet.
- Some tasty detox drink recipes you can make using pineapple.
- And finally, the health benefits you get from taking pineapples apart from weight loss.
So let’s go! Be sure to have a worthwhile reading experience.
Pineapple for Weight Loss- How It Works
Pineapple is an amazing natural weight loss super-food. It is packed with various vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants that do not only aid weight loss but also improves our health.
Including pineapple in your diet can help you lose weight and burn belly fat. How?
1. High Fiber Content
One cup of diced pineapples contains about two grams of fiber which is a good way to keep your satiety.
2. Rich in Vitamin C
According to a recent study on weight loss, it was recorded that the amount of vitamin C present in the bloodstream may aid in the burning of body fat.
So, pineapple for weight loss, because of its vitamin C content enhances fat oxidation during exercise and rest.
3. Low in Calorie
A golden rule for losing weight is to consume lesser than you expend. This is why you see a lot of people trying to eat low-calorie snacks and drinks.
Pineapples are great alternative low-calorie foods too. You can take pineapples in place of high-sugar biscuits and sweets to satisfy your sugar cravings.
4. Bromelain Content Aids Weight Loss
Pineapple juice contains bromelain which is a very effective remedy for inflammatory disease related to obesity and metabolic syndrome.
5. A Source of Energy
Pineapples contain vitamin B and thiamine which pumps the body with necessary nutrients to generate energy. Taking this natural weight loss food would be a good alternative to carbs when you are trying to lose weight.
6. High Water Content
Pineapple is one of the fruits that contain a lot of water. This attribute of pineapple for weight loss purposes cannot be sidelined.
Fruits that contain a high level of water can help encourage weight loss in two ways; increasing the body’s overall water intake and by creating a feeling of fullness which means we are less likely to continue to consume calories.
How to Include Pineapple in Your Diet for Weight Loss
You can take your pineapple in quite a lot of exciting ways. Storm a fruit store today, get fresh juicy pineapple, and give yourself an awesome treat of pineapple. Here are some of the options for you.
- Pineapple juice: You can blend the fruit to a pulp and extract the raw unsweetened juice for refreshment. This is a lot better than having processed juice you buy in stores. Fill your pineapple juice with ice cube cubes and enjoy the treat in a hot afternoon.
- You can also make a quick snack using pineapples. Cut your pineapple into chunks and enjoy its delicious taste in its natural, raw state.
- Make a mix of pineapple chunks with other fruits as a snack.
- Chop onions, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and pineapple, and combine them to make a fresh pineapple salsa for burgers, seafood, and chicken.
- Blend fresh pineapple with strawberries and other fruits for a delicious smoothie you can enjoy on the go.
Precaution: You need to be careful not to consume so much pineapple that may spike your daily calorie allowance.
Best Detox Diet Drink Recipe With Pineapple for Weight Loss
Detox water recipes are excellent choices when it comes to weight loss. There are different detox recipes for weight loss but if you’ve not been adding pineapples to your diet detox drink, here are few recipes that could be of use.
Trust me, pineapple detox drink has such a savory and refreshing taste that would make you forget about your favorite soda drink.
1. Pineapple, Mint and Ginger Detox Water
This recipe contains other fat-burning ingredients like mint and ginger. Rev your metabolism and burn more calories with this fat cutter drink.
- 1-inch ginger root (diced)
- Mint leaves (2-3)
- Diced Pineapples
- Put all ingredients in a pitcher
- Fill the jar with water
- Leave to sit in the refrigerator for about an hour
- Drink and enjoy it chilled.
2. Pineapple Water with Cucumber and Mint Recipe
With this recipe, it’s not just pineapples! You have cucumber and mint which are also some of the superfoods for weight loss. Infuse cucumber and mint in your pineapple to have a great taste, boost your metabolism, lose weight and stay healthy.
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- Ice cubes
- Cut your pineapple into chunks
- Peel the cucumber and slice thinly
- Put the pineapple chunks, mint leaves, and cucumber slices in a glass jar
- Add ice
- Put the pitcher in the fridge for an hour
- Serve and enjoy
3. Pineapple Ginger Cleansing Juice
This juice recipe for making use of pineapple for weight loss is another classic one. It contains a blend of ginger, lime, turmeric, and pineapple.
This pineapple juice recipe contains food sources packed with anti-inflammatory, digestive-boosting and liver cleansing properties.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled
- 3 pieces of turmeric
- 1 lime, peeled
- Peel and chop your pineapple
- Peel the ginger too
- Juice all of the ingredients in a high-powered juicer
- Sieve the juice of the shaft
- Pour your juice into a glass, add ice cubes and some water
- Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint.
4. Pineapple Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
Lemon juice is popular for its weight loss aid benefits. You can boost the effectiveness of your pineapple drink by adding some lemon juice. It doesn’t just taste great, it works great too.
- Pineapple chunks
- Ginger root
- Ice cups
- Put 6 cubes of diced pineapple in a glass
- Add two slices of lemon
- Put the ice
- Then pour some water into the jar
- Leave to sit for a few minutes
- And voila! your drink is ready
Some Other Health Benefits of Pineapple
Apart from its weight loss benefits, pineapples have several other health values that they offer the body. So, don’t just eat pineapple for weight loss. Eat pineapple to get the best of the following benefits it offers:
- The Vitamin C content of pineapples helps to strengthen the body’s immune system. This vitamin, as you know it, will provide all the resistance your body needs to fight against cold, flu, etc.
- Pineapples also contain abundant antioxidants.
- Eating pineapple help to strengthen the bones. This is because of the mineral content of the juicy fruit. It contains minerals like manganese, thiamine, and copper.
- The manganese content of pineapple is needed to form strong connective tissue and sex hormones.
- Manganese also helps regulate your blood sugar level, aids in calcium absorption, and plays a role in carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
- Pineapple is a fiber-rich fruit that aids digestion, improves digestive health and prevents constipation.
- Folic acid is another nutrient contained in pineapples that helps in the production of red blood cells.
- The pantothenic acid content of pineapples enhances energy production and fat metabolism.
- Pineapples help to restore and maintain a beautiful skin because of its vitamin content.
- Bromelain in pineapple is good for combating inflammation, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and relieving symptoms of osteoporosis.
What more could be said to show that pineapples are one of the natural superfoods that mother nature is blessed with? Just one pineapple fruit offers you more health benefits than you could ever imagine.
Feel free to drink pineapple juice, eat some chunks of pineapples as snacks, add in your smoothie and get the best of your detox water using pineapple.
Enjoy the taste and flavor of this juicy fruit and stay healthy.