Lower Ab Exercises- Getting a flat tummy is one of the hardest things to achieve. This is because it is impossible to spot reduce. Despite the numerous numbers of exercises you might have come across online, this is still a sad reality.
Often, women find themselves in embarrassing situations as a result of their lower belly pooch. As such, they are continually searching for ways to get rid of this fat build up in their body.
With this article, you can stop searching! This article contains 8 of the most effective lower ab exercises that target several abdominal muscles at the same time so that each movement helps you burn belly fat faster and brings you closer to a flat tummy.
These exercises can be incorporated into your daily exercise routine for maximum effectiveness and to see results faster.
8 Lower Ab Exercises To Burn 7 Pounds Of Belly Pooch In 7 Days
For best results, you must adhere to the prescribed number of sets and reps for each of the lower ab exercises consecutively. Also, remember to take a short rest of about 45 to 60-second between sets.
This workout routine should be performed on 3 to 4 nonconsecutive days each week. You may also pick a few of your favorite moves and do them after your usual cardio session or add to your general strength-training routine.
1. One-Legged Mountain Climber
In this move, your abdominal wall is engaged on one side by locking the knee in tight, and the other side is more alert. That way, both sides are involved.
Although this move is hard to pull off, you must bear in mind that the quality of your movement is more important than the quantity. Therefore, you may start with fewer reps to get the move before moving on to move.
- Get into a plank position
- Then, pull your right knee to your chest and keep it stable so that your right side is engaged continuously
- Now, slide your left knee in and out without moving your hips or adjusting the height of your hips
- Do 10-15 reps on this side before switching to the other side to start the move.
2. Criss-Cross Lift and Switch
The criss-cross lift and switch move combines two lower ab exercises to obtain an efficient workout move. This move engages your lower ab muscle and gets you a flat tummy faster than you thought.
- To start, lie on your back and place your arms beside you
- Lift both legs by pointing them up towards the ceiling and cross one over another
- Then, engage your abs while breathing in and lower your legs to a 45-degree angle
- Exhale and bring both legs back to your body
- Again, lift your legs and this time, overhead and lift your hips off the floor by pressing your hands down for support
- Stay in this posture for 1-2 seconds before slowly going back to start position to complete one rep
- Do three sets of 10 reps.
3. Full Plank Passé Twist
This move works your obliques that are often hard to target. It is a variation of the traditional plank exercise as it adds a dynamic twist to it.
For more effect, when you are drawing your knee up and across your body, pull your abs in tighter while moving your leg.
- Get into a plank position with your feet together
- Then, bend your right knee across to your left side while sliding your right foot inside your left knee (This way, your hips turns to the right, and you will move slightly on the ball of your left foot)
- Bring your right leg back to start position and repeat the move on your left leg
- That’s one rep. Do up to three sets of 10 reps.
4. Hip Lift Ab Workout
The hip lift is another exercise that should become a part of your lower ab exercises list. This workout move also strengthens your abs and obliques.
- To start, lie on the floor and raise both legs so that they are pointing upward
- Ensure both legs are perpendicular to your torso and place your arms on the floor with your palms facing down
- Inhale deeply and tuck your belly button in towards your spine
- Then, exhale and curl our hips towards your torso
- While stretching your legs straight, lift your hips some inches off the floor
- Inhale again before slowly bringing your hips back to the floor
- Repeat this exercise ten more times
5. Bridge Opposite Arm-leg Reach
With this powerful move, you can take several inches off your waistline and achieve the flat tummy of your dreams.
- Lie faceup with your left knee bent, the left foot flat on the ground, and the right leg stretched towards the ceiling
- Reach toward the ceiling with your the left arm and keep your right arm down by your side
- Without moving your hips or shoulders, open your raised leg to your right and lifted arm to your left
- Now, while focusing on your abs, return your raised leg and arm to the center
- Do 10–12 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
6. Frog Press
This is another useful lower abs workout that will melt off your belly pooch in 7 days. Just like other lower belly exercises, the frog press also works your abs, hips, and back in addition to toning your abdominal muscles.
This workout improves your stamina and aids the development of stronger core and glutes.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and turned out
- Press your heels together tightly and flex your feet
- Inhale while lifting your shoulders off the floor
- Roll up over your rib-cage with your eyes fixed on your legs
- Stretch your arms outside of your hips and make your palms face the floor
- Now exhale and press through your heels with your legs extended at 45 degrees
- Press the back of your knees together, breathe in and bend your heels back into your body
- That’s one rep. Do about three sets of 10 reps each.
The U-Boat exercise is an excellent lower abdominal workout that sheds off belly fat in the most fantastic way.
- Sit on a workout mat with knees bent
- Place your feet flat on the ground
- Lean back to rest your upper body up on elbows
- Ensure that your back lifted and your palms facing down
- Tighten your abs and lift your legs into a 90-degree angle
- Make sure your knees are in close touch, and your toes are pointed
- While your hips remain on the ground, gradually bring legs over to the left
- While keeping the 90-degree angle with legs, lower legs and then lift them to your right, like you were tracing a letter “U” with your knees
- That’s one rep. Do the 20 reps total, alternating sides each time.
8. 90-Degree Static Press
I would suggest this move for a warm-up abs exercise. It’s a fantastic lower abs exercise to wake up your core for a more intense abs workout session. Even though it is simple, it works perfectly to get rid of a flabby belly pooch.
- Lying down flat on your back, keep your knees and hips bent to 90 degrees angle.
- Flex the feet upward toward the shins.
- Press your lower back against the floor, extend your arms, and press both thighs with your palms.
- Stay still in this position while contracting your core.
- Contract your abs and take steady breaths.
- Avoid allowing your lower back to curl as you bring your knees to your chest.
- Pressing your hands into your thighs should aid you to squeeze your abs
It might get challenging to get rid of belly pooch, especially after childbirth, or when you hit menopause. But you don’t have to be overly stressed because of the belly fat.
Getting rid of belly pooch and sculpting your lower abdominal muscles is made more comfortable with the above lower abs exercises. You could make the whole process faster by complementing your workouts with an appropriate diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Get started with these abs exercises and forget about your belly pooch for good.