I know some people might be hearing the GM Diet and the GM Diet Meal plan for the first time. If you are one of those people, you will get to know more about the GM Diet meal plan.
First off, what is the GM Diet?
GM is a short form of General Motors. General Motors developed this diet plan alongside the Food and Drug Administration and the United States Department of Agriculture in 1985. It was solely for the General Motors employees such that it will make them healthier, thereby increasing their productivity.
The GM diet is an established efficient way to lose weight as the workers dropped from 10 up to 17 pounds in a week! This GM diet meal plan covers your diet for seven days, each with information about what you should eat and what you should avoid.
This diet plan will help you:
- rid your body of harmful toxins and other waste materials,
- boost your body’s ability to burn fat such that you lose about 15 pounds in a week, and
- improve metabolism and digestion.
The foods included in the GM diet meal plan are low in calories, and such foods are fruits and vegetables. When a diet is low in calories, it creates a state of calorie deficit, which will help boost weight loss.
This is because you will consume fewer calories than you burn daily. Also, some of the foods are known as “negative-calorie” foods in that they require fewer calories for them to be properly digested.
7-Day GM Diet Meal Plan To Shed 10 Pounds Just In A Week
On the first day, you can have any fruits you want except bananas. The reason the first day is structured like this is to detox your body and boost your metabolic rate. Also, there is no quantity restriction on the fruits you want to take, but don’t eat bananas on the first day!
- Breakfast: Have a bowl of apples and drink at least two glasses of water.
- Snack: If you get hungry before your lunchtime, you can have a bowl of raw papaya. Follow this with two glasses of water.
- Lunch: Have a bowl of watermelon and two glasses of water.
- Mid-day Snack: Eat a bowl of papaya again and drink two glasses of water.
- Dinner: A bowl of watermelon plus two glasses of water.
Foods To Avoid On Day 1
- Fruits like banana
- Carbohydrates- any food rich in carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Dairy products- ice cream, cheese, frozen yogurt, full-fat milk, and yogurt.
- Beverages- alcohol, milkshakes, juices and smoothies, and sweetened drinks.
- Protein-rich foods like beans, meat, eggs, fish, and mushrooms.
- Fats and oils- butter, margarine, safflower oil, and lard.
On the second day, you have to eat only vegetables, whether raw or cooked. You have to be careful not to prepare the vegetables with oil as this is not allowed. However, you can use either butter or olive oil to add flavor to your vegetables, but you should still be careful.
- Breakfast: A boiled potato with a pat of low-fat butter for flavor.
- Brunch: You can have cabbage and lettuce salad with minimal dressing. Drink a glass of water after consuming the salad.
- Lunch: Mixed vegetable salad using onions, cucumbers, carrots, and drink two glasses of water.
- After-lunch snack: Eat a cup of boiled broccoli and half a cup of sliced bell pepper. Drink two glasses of water after.
- Dinner: Have a bowl of mixed salad using green beans, boiled carrots, and broccoli. Drink two glasses of water after eating.
Foods To Avoid On Day 2
- Fruits- do not eat any fruit on this day.
- Dairy products like frozen yogurt, ice cream, cheese, full-fat milk, and full-fat yogurt.
- Beverages like fresh fruit juices, packaged fruit juices, alcohol, soda, and other sweetened drinks.
- Proteins- eggs, fish, beans, meat, mushrooms, and lentils.
- Fats and oils- safflower oil, butter, and margarine.
- Breakfast: Have a cup of either diced melon or apple and drink two glasses of water.
- Mid-morning snack: Have a bowl of papaya and cantaloupe mix. Follow this with two glasses of water.
- Lunch: Have a bowl of salad using tomatoes, peppers, beets, romaine lettuce, and cucumber. Drink two glasses of water after eating.
- Mid-afternoon snack: Have either orange or mango to suppress food cravings. Remember to drink two glasses of water on it.
- Dinner: Have a bowl of leafy green salad, raw papaya, and steamed broccoli.
Foods To Avoid On Day 3
- Vegetables- stay away from all veggies today.
- Fruits- do not eat bananas.
- Beverages- soda, alcohol, vegetable smoothies or juices, sweetened drinks, and other packaged fruit juices.
- Fats and oils.
- Protein- do not eat any food with protein such as fish, eggs, lentils, beans, and mushrooms.
- Avoid eating carb-filled foods.
- Dairy products- ice cream, cheese, yogurt, and milk.
Now you can have bananas. Bananas are energy-giving fruits in that they contain pectin, which helps to boost digestion. They also contain a high amount of potassium and low salt content. Milk, on the other hand, has both calcium and potassium and is also rich in vitamin D, which helps to strengthen the bones.
On this day, it is advised that you eat up to eight bananas, which can be between your meal and snacks. Also, you can have a big glass of milk, each between your breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Breakfast: Two big bananas and a glass of milk.
- Brunch: Banana shake using one banana and half a teaspoon of honey to sweeten.
- Lunch: Have a bowl of the GM diet soup.
- After-lunch snack: Have a banana milkshake.
- Evening snack: Two small-sized bananas.
- Dinner: Eat two big bananas and drink a glass of milk on it.
Foods To Avoid On Day 4
- Carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, white, and brown rice.
- Avoid other fruits and eat only banana.
- Proteins such as eggs, meat, fish, mushrooms, lentils, and beans.
- All dairy products.
- Vegetables- potatoes.
- Beverages- vegetable juices and smoothies, soda, alcohol, packaged fruit juices, and sweetened drinks.
- Fats and all oils.
All you have to do on this day is to replace the carbs with foods rich in protein. This will ensure proper absorption and digestion of the foods, thereby diving the body the energy it needs to continue the diet.
- Breakfast: Braised beef seasoned with black pepper, lemon zest, fresh parsley or coriander, and two slices of tomatoes. Drink three glasses of water after.
- Mid-Morning snack: Have a plate of tomato and turkey patty. Then drink three glasses of water.
- Lunch: Have seasoned hamburger patty and sliced tomato. Drink three glasses of water after.
- Mid-afternoon snack: Seasoned turkey patty and tomatoes. Remember to drink two glasses of water after eating.
- Dinner: Eat hamburger patty and two fresh tomatoes. Drink two glasses of water again.
If you still feel like eating anything after dinner, you can have a glass of coconut water. This will help keep food cravings off!
Foods To Avoid On Day 5
- Vegetables like potatoes.
- Beverages such as alcohol, sweetened drinks, soda, and packaged fruit juices.
- Fats and oils- butter, margarine, lard, and safflower oil.
- Fruits like banana.
- Carbohydrates such as bread, white rice, and processed foods.
- Avoid all dairy products.
This day six diet is all about plenty of foods. Just that you have to include vegetables- whether boiled or raw. You should note that these vegetables should not be fried and your salads should not be heavily dressed. If you have followed the diets faithfully, you should start seeing changes in your body.
- Breakfast: Have a bowl of boiled vegetables and drink two glasses of water.
- Brunch: Eat a bowl of boiled kidney beans and seasoned diced tomatoes. Drink two glasses of water after.
- Lunch: Have a bowl of either brown rice, fish, or chicken breast together with the GM diet soup. Follow this with two glasses of water.
- After-lunch snack: 4 small carrots and a glass of water.
- Evening snack: Have a bowl of GM soup and drink a glass of water over it.
- Dinner: A bowl of boiled vegetables plus a glass of water.
The combinations of these vegetables will provide the body with the nutrients it needs.
Note: If you are a non-vegan, you can eat about 500 grams of skinless chicken with all the vegetables. However, you have to leave potatoes and tomatoes out!
Foods To Avoid On Day 6
- Vegetables like potatoes, whether sweet or not.
- Carbohydrates- white rice, bread, and other processed foods.
- Beverages like soda, alcohol, packaged fruit juices, and sweetened drinks.
- Fats and oils- lard, margarine, butter, and safflower oil.
- Fruits- banana, mangoes, and cherry.
- Proteins like beef, turkey, and pork.
- Dairy products- cheese, full-fat milk and yogurt, ice cream, and frozen yogurt.
- Breakfast: Have a bowl of mixed vegetable salad and a glass of either apple or orange juice.
- Brunch: A bowl of GM diet soup and a small portion of carrot sticks. Drink a glass of water after eating.
- Lunch: Eat a cup of brown rice, a bowl of boiled vegetables, and two glasses of water.
- After-lunch snack: Have a glass of kiwi juice and a few carrots.
- Evening snack: A bowl of mixed vegetable salad and two glasses of water.
- Dinner: A bowl of GM diet soup and two glasses of water.