Get Rid Of Body Acne- Acne is a skin disorder that occurs when oil and dead skin clogs the skin pores. Its symptoms include whiteheads, blackheads, scars, oily skin, pimples as a result of oily skin.
Acne is likely to break out on skin areas with a high number of oil glands. The areas are the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back.
The consistent appearance of acne breakout on the face and body can lead to a reduction in self-esteem, depression, anxiety and much more.
Genetics is often, the major cause of acne in almost all cases of acne breakout. Acne breakout is usually caused by puberty, and in most cases, it is caused by the excessive growth of bacterium Propionibacterium acnes. This bacterium Propionibacterium acne, however, is usually present on the skin.
As mentioned earlier, Body acne occurs on parts of the body that can’t be concealed- chest, back, and upper arm.
It is so irritating and can make you change things you used to do. Apart from it being annoying, it can take much longer to get it all off your body.
This post will highlight different home remedies you can use to get rid of body acne. These home remedies are sure to work wonders!
1. Coconut Oil Scrub
Coconut oil has in it both antibacterial and moisturizing properties. Its antibacterial components help to keep acne breakout at bay and speed up the healing process. To get rid of acne using this treatment, baking soda will be included.
Baking soda, when used as a scrub helps to remove dead skin cells that can clog skin pores. In addition to what it does by removing dead skin, it also brightens the skin.
To make this coconut oil scrub, You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Combine 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of baking soda into a bowl.
- Mix together and gently run to the skin for 5-10 minutes using circular motions.
- Rinse off with clean, warm water.
- Repeat the whole process three times in a week.
2. Milk Of Magnesia
Not many people are aware that milk of magnesia can be used to treat body acne. Milk of magnesia It also has an alkaline nature that helps to keep the skin oil-free- excess oil is probably the major cause of acne.
Milk of magnesia contains antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacterias on the skin.
- Milk of Magnesia
- Cotton balls
- Soak cotton balls in the milk of magnesia.
- Apply to the problem areas.
- You can either leave it on or rinse off when it is dry.
This remedy works by regulating the pH of the body and reduces the production of excess oil.
Neem has in it active antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It has the ability to kill the Propionibacterium acnes- acne-causing bacteria.
The formation of acne involves the oxidization of sebum in the pores which is a result of ultraviolet radiation from the sun. And it is capable of preventing the oxidization of sebum which can cause acne breakouts.
Neem contains antioxidants like carotenoids and vitamin E that can help to cancel out the radicals caused by the sun.
- Freshly plucked neem leaves
- Mortar and pestle
- Cotton balls
- Clean warm water
- Grind the neem leaves using a mortar and pestle till it forms a paste.
- Add little water to the paste.
- Clea the affected areas and pat dry.
- Spread the paste evenly on the areas using a clean cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean, warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process daily till you see changes.
You can take a detoxifying neem bath by boiling neem leaves and using the water to shower.
- Boil a cup of neem leaves in two liters of water for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the leaves out of the water.
- Use the water as a final body wash.
This neem water bath will keep your skin feeling refreshed, revitalized and will help you get rid of body acne.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree contains a high amount of antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It kills off any acne-causing bacteria when applied topically. Also, it treats acne breakout evenly without scarring or continuous irritation.
Tea tree oil, when used for acne treatment, fades off acne breakouts and moisturizes the skin in the process.
- 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (to dilute the tea tree oil if it is your first use).
- Cotton balls
- Mix olive oil and tea tree oil.
- Soak the cotton ball in the oil mix.
- Rub the soaked cotton balls on the affected areas.
- Make sure the oil gets absorbed into the skin.
- Leave for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
The healing properties of aspirin make it an excellent remedy to get rid of body acne. It is anti-inflammatory- reduces acne redness and itch, it also contains salicylic acid which helps to exfoliate the skin and clean the pores.
The inclusion of honey in this remedy is due to the antibacterial components of honey. Honey helps to reduce breakouts on acne-prone skin and keeps the skin hydrated because it is a natural humectant.
- 5-7 uncoated aspirin pills
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Distilled or bottled water
- Crush the aspirin and mix with water to create a paste.
- Add the raw honey to the mix.
- Rub the paste on affected areas.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes or till it dries up.
- Rinse off with warm water.
6. Soothing Body Acne Oil
This remedy is a combination of essential oils that will help to get rid of body acne. The essential oils have antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help to control the bacteria on the skin surface.
- 2 teaspoons of calendula oil
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 drop of lavender oil
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil
- A drop of chamomile oil
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Blend the oils and pour into a dark glass bottle.
- Rub on the affected areas daily.
- You can apply aloe vera gel to the oil to further calm inflammation. Aloe vera gel contains mild antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
Yes, moving around with acne can be so annoying so you need to try out these remedies to get rid of body acne as fast as you can for a quick result. Choose any of the 6 fastest ways to clear acne of and get your flawless face back.
Have you ever tried any of these remedies? If yes, feel free to share your experience and observation in the comment section.