Fat Burning Workouts – Sometimes, life gets busy, and a lot of us tend to ignore the gym during such moments. Sometimes, we usually skip all the rules of healthy eating and forget to workout.
Although you do not have to go to the gym frequently, one of the ways through which you can maintain healthy body weight is to keep your body in shape. And this you can even do at home.
To achieve this state of health, we have put in this article 10 of the most effective fat burning workouts that you can perform at home or in the gym when you can attend.
Exercise is vital for overall sound health, but when you are trying to lose weight, exercise is even more important!
Start your health and fitness journey with these ten best fat burning workouts that target various muscles simultaneously, burn calories, and boost your metabolism.
Although there are various variations to perform the lunge move, the basic forward lunge is still very adequate for quick weight loss. This move works multiple muscles like the glute, hamstring, and quads all at once, which maximizes calorie burn.
With this move, you can start wearing those shape flattering clothes quicker than you thought.
- Stand straight with your feet at a hip-width distance apart and place your hands on your hips or hold dumbells in both sides.
- Now, with your right leg, take a controlled step forward while still keeping your body erect.
- Lower your body until your front leg and back leg are at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds before bringing your right leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat move on your other side by moving your left leg forward.
- Do pose ten on each side to make one set.
- Do a total of three sets while alternating as quickly as you can.
2. Inverted Shoulder Press
The Inverted Shoulder Press exercise is one of our best fat burning workouts ever. This move is an easy way to get rid of body fat and is particularly useful for burning fat stored in the arm as it trains your shoulder and increases strength in your arms.
- Get into the start position by placing your hands on the floor just outside your shoulders.
- Raise your hips so that your torso is almost perpendicular to the floor.
- Then, bend your elbows to drop your body until your head is almost touching the floor.
- Stay in this position for 1-2 seconds before pushing back up to start position.
- This is one rep, do more reps until you are exhausted.
- To increase difficulty and effectiveness, place your feet on a bench or step.
Squats are perfect for quick weight loss. Each time you perform them correctly, you work your core and your entire lower body, burning calories in the process.
- To start, keep your feet hip-width apart with your arms on both sides or holding weights.
- Make sure your weight is on your heels, lower your legs, and raise your arms straight in front of you.
- With your back straight, drop your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor; keep in mind that your knees must be in line with your toes.
- Sustain a balanced pace and go back to a standing position, that is one rep.
- Repeat three sets of 15 reps.
The crunch move is arguably the best exercise for burning belly fat. It strengthens your abdominal muscles and is, according to research, one of the best abdominal exercises you will find around.
Crunches come in several variants, but the basic crunch move is a perfect place to begin.
- Start by lying on a mat with your knees bent and your feet placed on the floor.
- Then, place your hand behind your head without pulling on them, or you can cross them on your chest.
- Then, inhale deeply and lift your torso till it is entirely off the floor and breathe out again.
- Take another deep breath as you go back to your start position.
- Do ten reps to make one set and 2 to 3 more sets.
Burpees are famous for being efficient. It targets multiple muscles in your chest, legs, and core simultaneously. This exercise helps you to burn fat and maintain great body shape.
For effectiveness, burpees should be added to your routine as you will feel the fat burning and your muscles lean.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms placed beside you.
- Then, push your hips back and bend your knees to lower yourself into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight onto them.
- Now, jump your legs back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Bring your feet forward quickly, so they fall just behind your hand and then raise your hands in the air and jump into the air explosively.
- Without pausing, lower back into a squat; that is one rep.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
6. Skater Hops
Skater hops are perfect for boosting endurance and losing body fat. It works on your abductor and quadriceps muscles. They are ideal for helping increase your mobility and give you a healthy body.
- Start by standing on your left foot with your left knee slightly bent while your right foot is somewhat off the floor.
- Then jump to the right and land on your right foot while making sure your left foot is off the floor.
- Repeat movement by jumping on to your left and alternating as fast as you can.
7. Kettlebell Swings
- To begin, stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and hold a kettlebell with both hands in front of you.
- Engage your cores and slightly lower into a squat.
- Then, press your hips forward as you stand and swing the kettlebell upward.
- Lower your arms and go back to the squat position to complete one rep.
- Complete three sets of 15 swings.
Push-ups are famous enough to always make it to any exercise list you can find. Its popularity is based on its track record of being effective over time. Push-ups are perfect for torching fat and achieving a good body shape.
- To start, get into a standard plank position, making sure your arms are slightly wider than shoulder-width, and your feet are some inches apart.
- Then, lower yourself slowly until your chest is almost touching the floor.
- Push back to your start position by applying pressure on your arms.
- Keep doing movement until you are exhausted.
9. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are a perfect exercise to help burn calories and is effective with or without resistance bands. The swift leg movement motion works on the muscles of the oblique, hamstring, and butt.
- If you are using a resistant band, loop center of band around a stable post like a couch leg.
- Start by facing away from the post and get on the floor in a plank position. Your feet should be placed in handles like stirrups.
- Otherwise, bring your right and left knee in toward chest without allowing the toes of bent leg to touch the floor.
- Perform this move for 1 minute and take 20 seconds to rest in between each set.
- Do three sets.
10. Donkey kickbacks
The donkey kickback is an intense move that will torch calories as well as work your core. To get a fit body that is rid of fat, this exercise is essential!
- To begin, get on your knees and place your hands on the floor with your knees tucked under.
- While in this position, pull your belly in toward your spine as you engage your abs.
- Then, lift both knees off the ground up to a distance of about 2 inches.
- Bring your right knee close to your nose and kick your right leg straight out behind you.
- Squeeze your butt and keep your lower abs engaged with your hips facing the ground to protect your back.
- Switch legs and perform the move with your left leg.
- Do ten kicks on each side and a total of three sets.
Fat stored up in the body can pose a significant health risk. Therefore, you must be cautious to avoid the build-up of fat in your body. A healthy diet is also essential to see the effects of these fat burning workouts.
As these fat burning workouts have been listed to help you stay in shape, you must avoid loading your body with calories from unhealthy food too.