Dinner Recipes- If you are having a difficult time eating healthy based on your tight budget, these 15 healthy dinner recipes will help you. With these recipes, you will be on top of your nutrition game without spending extra bucks.
Also, if you are having a hard time getting creative with your dinner recipes, here are some ideas for you. These dinner recipes help you to create meals that are full of nutrients while being delicious.
Each of these dinner recipes does not require a lot of time to prepare as you can be doing two or more steps simultaneously. You get to step up your nutrition game with these creative and inspiring dinner recipes.
In addition, these dinner recipes contain a high source of protein and use a lot of vegetables in preparing them. You know, the more the vegetables, the higher the nutrient, right?
Sounds good already? Let’s get into preparing dinner with these delicious dinner recipes!
1. Cauliflower Couscous With Goat Cheese
Cauliflower is one vegetable that is full of nutrients that will enhance healthy living. Although it does not have a green color, it is still healthy, but not much as green veggies.
- Two onions, peeled & chopped
- One cauliflower
- Two teaspoons of ground coriander
- One bunch of coriander (cilantro), leaves picked
- Two handfuls of goats cheese
- Saute onion with a little oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a food processor, grate the cauliflower. You can also chop it using a knife and a tray.
- When the onion is soft, add cauliflower and coriander to the pan.
- Continue to cook, occasionally stirring until the cauliflower is soft and starts to turn brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Season and serve cauliflower topped with coriander and crumbled goats cheese.
2. Seafood Quesadillas
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked shrimp, peeled and any imitation seafood that you prefer
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning – as desired
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Six flour tortillas
- Mix cooked shrimp, shredded imitation seafood, and salsa.
- Then, add salt and Old Bay seasoning to taste.
- Spread about 1/3 cup over one half of a tortilla before sprinkling with 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Cook the quesadillas for five minutes on both sides, or until the tortilla browns and the cheese is melted. You can add more butter if necessary.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream or guacamole.
3. Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- A cup finely diced onions
- One teaspoon of dried oregano. You can substitute this with a teaspoon of fresh oregano.
- One tablespoon of dried basil. You can also use 1/4 cup of fresh basil.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of warm milk
- Six tablespoons of buttermilk, warmed
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil, and bay leaf to a large slow cooker.
- Cover and allow to cook on low heat for about 5 to 7 hours, until flavors crumbs are blended and vegetables are soft. (If you don’t want a chunky soup, blend it until smooth.
4. Lemon Asparagus Quinoa with Pesto
- 12 Asparagus Spears- cut in half
- 1 cup of Quinoa -rinsed
- 4 Lemon Wedges
- Small handful Fresh Basil
- Three small Tomatoes -diced
- One medium-sized Yellow Onion -diced
- Three cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 3 cups of Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Rocket Pesto aka Arugula Pesto
- 1/3 of a cup bunched Arugula/Rocket- washed
- 50 g of raw cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- A clove of Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large stockpot, add asparagus, lemon wedges, basil, quinoa, onion, tomatoes, and garlic
- If you are using thin asparagus spears, you should add them to the pot about 5-8 minutes later. This is to avoid making them overcooked or droopy.
- Cover all your ingredients with vegetable broth before bringing to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it’s boiling, lower the temperature to a low-medium and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the quinoa is cooked. Do not cover the pot at all while cooking.
- While the Asparagus Quinoa is cooking, start preparing the rocket pesto. To dod so, add rocket (arugula), cashews, salt, and garlic to a food processor and pulse.
- Make sure you do not blend! Leave the pesto slightly chunky, not smooth.
- Put the finished pesto in a small bowl and cover with olive oil.
- Serve the Lemon Asparagus Quinoa hot with a dollop of rocket pesto.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- If you do not have basil, you can substitute with cilantro, parsley, or dill.
5. Egg & Sweet Potato Hash with Brussel Sprouts
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One large sweet potato, peeled and chopped. This should be about two cups.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts that have been trimmed and sliced
- 4 ounces of white mushrooms, sliced- about 1 cup
- 1/2 large leek, sliced- about 2 cups
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the potato, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and leek and stir to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, and occasionally stir, until the vegetables are tender, for about 10 minutes.
- Spread out the vegetable mixture to create four small wells.
- Crack an egg into each well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked as desired. This should take about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
6. Paleo Chicken BLT Salad
- 4 cups of organic romaine lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes- cut in halves
- 1/2 cucumber- sliced
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken. You can use grilled chicken too.
- 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise (homemade or Paleo-friendly)
- Two tablespoons of sriracha sauce
- Add garlic powder to taste
- Layer salad ingredients on a large serving tray or individual plates.
- Mix dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
7. Greek Turkey Burgers
- 7 oz. plain greek yogurt
- One medium fresh lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- Six halves of sun-dried tomatoes
- One medium red onion
- 2 oz. frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta
- One teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- One egg
- One medium-sized cucumber
- Six hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, dry dill, 1/4 tsp minced garlic, a dash of salt, and the juice of half the lemon.
- Mix everything to combine and place in a refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend while you are making the burgers.
- Allow the frozen spinach to thaw before squeezing out as much moisture as you can.
- Roughly chop the spinach to avoid long stringy pieces. Also, cut the sun-dried tomatoes and a quarter of the red onion.
- Combine the ground turkey with the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, feta, 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, dried oregano, egg, breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp of salt and some freshly ground pepper in a bowl.
- Stir everything until it is evenly combined. Shape the mixture into six patties.
- Cook the burgers on a countertop grill, a non-stick skillet or over an open fire.
- Spread the yogurt sauce on both sides of a bun before adding a warm burger and top it with thin slices of red onion and cucumber.
8. Minestrone Soup
- Two tablespoons of butter
- One small white onion- finely chopped
- Two stalks celery- chopped
- Two garlic cloves- crushed
- Four carrots sticks-peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups of elbow pasta noodles
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil- to garnish. This is, however optional.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion, celery, garlic, and carrots for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, tomato sauce, kidney beans, and stock. Leave it to bubble.
- Once it is bubbling, mix in the pasta noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from the heat and prepare to spoon into serving bowls.
- Serve Minestrone Soup with optional Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
9. Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 Small butternut squash
- ½ Pack of Silken Tofu
- 1 Flax egg
- 1½ teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg.
- 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour. You can keep more on the side.
- Two tablespoons of chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake your Butternut squash at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Leave it to cool, then cut it open and scrape off the flesh.
- Combine the butternut squash, nutmeg, tofu, flax egg, salt, and pepper into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the blend into a bowl and add flour in bits.
- Work the dough gently and make sure it is a bit sticky.
- Roll the dough into a thick tube and then cut. Again, roll into a thin string and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to boil and going one batch at a time; cook your gnocchi. Once the gnocchi starts floating on the surface, they are done.
- Warm-up a saucepan and melt your butter in it. Once the butter starts to bubble, add your gnocchi and sage. Allow cooking for about 1 minute.
- Season to taste and serve.
10. Healthy Carnitas
For the pork:
- 2 1/2 lbs pork butt or shoulder cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of dried minced onion
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of dried chipotle pepper
- Three garlic cloves- minced
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 oz of tequila- make sure it is high quality
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- small corn tortillas
- pico de gallo
- sliced radishes
- chopped cilantro
- sliced limes
- In a pressure cooker, add all the pork ingredients, except olive oil, and stir to combine.
- Set the pressure cooker to “high” and leave to cook for 35-45 minutes (depending on your stove).
- Follow the pressure cooker instruction to release the steam.
- At this point, the pork will start falling apart, but there will still be plenty of liquid in the pot.
- Drain the liquid and set it aside before returning the meat to the cooker.
- Shred the meat using a handheld mixer.
- Push the meat to one side of the cooker and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Leave the cooker on “saute,” and mix the meat into the olive oil, allow it to saute until slightly crispy.
- Next, add a bit of leftover liquid after draining the meat. That way, the meat becomes nice and saucy.
- Serve with corn tortillas, pico de gallo, sliced radishes, and cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top and enjoy!
11. Classic Dinner Meat Loaf
- 2/3 cup of fat-free milk
- 2 cups of soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- One garlic clove- minced
- A tablespoon of dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 cup of frozen egg product
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds of 90% lean ground beef
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Line a 2-quart baking pan with foil and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, milk, egg, thyme, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper, and mix well until smooth.
- Pour the meat mixture into an 8×5 inch rectangular baking pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop off the excess fat and in another small bowl, combine vinegar, ketchup, and garlic.
- Spread this mixture over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes before you serve.
- Spoon off the fat and cut into slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
12. No Chop Skillet Chili
- 12 ounces of 95% lean ground beef
- One 15-ounce can of red kidney beans- drained and rinsed
- One teaspoon of canola oil
- Three teaspoons of chili powder
- One 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes- don’t drain it.
- One 1.25 taco or chili seasoning
- Two tablespoons of reduced-sugar ketchup
- 1 14.4 ounces package of frozen sweet pepper and onion stir-fry vegetables
- Shredded less fat cheddar cheese
- Plain fat-free Greek Yogurt
- Thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro- optional.
- Black olives- sliced.
- Light charcoal or firewood and let it burn down to medium-hot coals.
- Put a grill rack over it and place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over it.
- Pour in the oil and leave it to heat. Then, add the ground beef and leave it to cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the other five ingredients, including chili powder, and cook until the vegetables are tender. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Take off the heat and mix in the ketchup.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes so that the flavors will mix.
- You can top with cheese, green onions, cilantro, yogurt, or olives.
13. Roast Chicken And Sweet Potatoes
- Two tablespoons of Dijon custard or whole-grain
- Two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil- divided
- One large red onion cut into 1-inch sizes
- Two tablespoons of freshly chopped thyme- use two teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt- divided
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper- divided into parts
- Two medium-sized sweet potatoes- peeled and cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 pounds of skinless and bone-in chicken thighs
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place a large rimmed baking sheet into the oven.
- Combine one tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper each, mustard, and thyme into a bowl.
- Mix well before spreading the mixture evenly on the chicken.
- Toss the onion and sweet potatoes in another bowl with the leftover oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables over it. Be Careful to place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast while stirring continuously until the vegetables are tender and are turning brown.
14. Sauteed Fresh Green Beans
- Two tablespoons of walnut oil
- A pound of trimmed green beans
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add beans to the oil and leave it to cook until crisp-tender.
- This should take about 2 minutes- stir continuously until done.
15. Zucchini Noodles With Avocado Pesto Shrimp
- 5-6 medium-sized zucchini- rimmed
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- One ripe avocado
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of unsalted shelled pistachios
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil- keep two teaspoons on the side
- Three garlic clove- minced
- 1 pound of raw shrimp- peeled and deveined
- Two teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning
- Spiralize the zucchini lengthwise using a vegetable peeler or vegetable slicer.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a colander before tossing it with half a teaspoon of salt.
- Set the colander over the basin and let it drain for about 30 minutes. After that’s done, gently squeeze to remove excess water.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, basil, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and process until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup of oil and process until smooth.
- Place a large skillet over medium to high heat and heat one tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic and let cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the shrimps and old bay seasoning, occasionally stir until the shrimps are almost cooked through.
- Transfer into a large bowl and pour the remaining oil into the pan.
- Add the drained zucchini noodles and toss for about 3 minutes or until it gets hot.
- Transfer to the noodles to a bowl, add the pesto, and mix to combine.
If you are looking to improve your nutrition game, these delicious dinner recipes are exactly what you need! However, using these dinner recipes imply that you will need to forego eating out and start cooking your own meals. This is so that you can get a wholesome and healthy meal.
So, if you are ready, hop on the train of healthy dinner recipes! Drop a comment below on how it worked for you!