If you have a regular workout routine and yet, you still struggle to lose weight, something is wrong. And what’s making you workout without seeing results might be from what you eat.
You need to do a thorough check through your diet and ask yourself if you are eating healthy. If you are on a workout plan and you still feed and snack on junks, you need to have a change! This is where delicious vegan recipes and eating vegan comes in.
If your diet does not include foods that are high in fiber and healthy fats such as beans, quinoa, and so on, you need to incorporate it into your diet.
This list of 6 vegan recipes, when added to your diet, will help you lose weight and get toned.
1. Roasted Broccoli and Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette
- 2 eight ounces of broccoli crowns
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 clove of grated garlic and
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit before you start preparing the ingredients.
- After that, slice broccoli into halves.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the broccoli and mix.
- Line the oil-coated broccoli cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast until the stems turn brown.
- In another bowl, mix lemon zest, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt until they are well combined.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of salt and mix some more.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the roasted broccoli.
2. Cauliflower Steaks with White Beans
- A medium-sized cauliflower- cut into 3 to 4 parts.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme- divide them into separate places
- 4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil- divided into two parts
- 1 clove of garlic- finely minced
- Grated Parmesan cheese (This is optional)
- 3/4 cup of marinara sauce
- One 15-oz can of cannellini beans- drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven ( 425 degrees Fahrenheit), then line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet and brush the florets and steaks with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and black pepper over it and pop into the oven.
- Roast until the cauliflower is caramelized and almost cooked- for 18 minutes or thereabouts.
- Turn each steak and floret over, gently brushing with a teaspoon more of the oil.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of thyme over it, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook some more.
- In another medium-sized skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over medium to low heat.
- Pour in the minced garlic, now stir for 30 to 60 seconds- until golden.
- Pour in the beans, marinara sauce, and the 1/2 teaspoon of thyme left and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- To serve, add the beans over the cauliflower and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
3. Curried Chickpeas in Coconut-Peanut Sauce
This is another of the vegan recipes for weight loss that includes beans in the list of ingredients.
Beans are a source of protein and fiber, and they do not contain many calories. They give the feeling of fullness to the stomach, to avoid overeating.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A 15-oz can of chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium-sized onion- finely chopped
- A cup of canned and unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 15-oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes- don’t drain it.
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice from half of a lime
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- A cup of cooked rice- to serve the chickpea sauce with for extra fiber.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Add onions and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Mix in the chickpeas, tomatoes, and the rest of the ingredients- including peanut butter.
- Cover the pot and let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the lime juice.
- Add it to a plate of rice for maximum enjoyment and nourishment.
4. Meatless Black Bean Chili
This is another of the vegan recipes that help to lose weight. It has no meat, as stated by the name of the recipe, and it is delicious as it’s healthy.
It uses chili that contains a healthy dose of fiber and protein in it.
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 3 cups of reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 15-oz cans of black chili beans
- 1 medium red onion- chopped
- 2 15-oz cans of whole kernel corn- drained
- 1 15-oz can of kidney chili beans
- 1 15-oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of vegan taco seasoning mix packet
- Heat oil over medium heat using a stockpot.
- Add onions, cook, and stir for about 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the seasoning, then stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beans, broth, tomatoes, and corn; stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings—chopped cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, avocado—if desired.
5. Four-Bean and Pumpkin Chili
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 3 cups of chopped onion
- 3 large cloves of garlic- finely minced
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of diced pumpkin
- A 28-oz can of no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 4 15-oz can of low sodium beans- drained and rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Diced onion, Cotija cheese or pepitas, and sliced jalapenos- to garnish.
- Heat oil on a medium-high heat using a large pot.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until it starts to turn brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium, now pour in the carrot and continue cooking, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute. Stir as you cook.
- Stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour in the pumpkin, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and leave it to simmer and cook, uncovered, until the pumpkin is tender. Do this for about 30 minutes.
- You can serve or garnish it with onion, jalapeños, cheese, or pepitas, as desired.
6. Quinoa and Chia Oatmeal Mix
Quinoa and Chia oatmeal mix, as one of the vegan recipes for weight loss, is a very healthy cereal recipe. It is suitable for either breakfast or lunch, but it is better served as breakfast.
This recipe contains 6 grams of fiber per serving, and this will help keep hunger and cravings at bay.
- 1 cup of rolled wheat or barley flakes
- 2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of dried fruits- cranberries, raisins or chopped apricots
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chia
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
To make 1 serving of hot cereal:
- Combine ⅓ cup Quinoa and Chia Oatmeal
- Mix with 1¼ cups of water (or milk) in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, partially cover, and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until it becomes thick.
- Cover it and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in a sweetener of your choice and top with nuts and more dried fruit, if desired.
With your workout routine, healthy eating habits and the delicious vegan recipes above, losing some pounds will be fast and easy for you.
What are you waiting for? Choose the recipe that suits you and give it a trial today.
Have you ever tried any of these delicious vegan recipes? If yes, share your experience and let’s keep the conversation going in the COMMENT.