Burn Inner Thigh Fat – Usually, fats gained above the waist occur in men and it takes proper diet and exercise to melt fat. But for women, fat accumulates more below the waistline in the butts, hips, and thighs.
Unfortunately, this accumulation is always very obvious and it is quite difficult to lose. This is because fat stored below the waistline is used by the body for the special purpose of breastfeeding your baby.
Generally, losing weight helps you to lose body fat but this might not be effective or obvious on your midsections.
Unfortunately, there are no fat-dissolving injections or diet pills that can help get rid of the inner thigh fat. To lose them, it is best to use as much fat in the thigh as possible.
This it does through exercises that use multiple muscles at once for extended periods of time. These kinds of exercises are effective than short sets of exercises that target one or two muscles at a time.
It is almost impossible to get an ideal inner-thigh workout regimen that can blast thigh fat while building muscles. However, this article contains a list of thigh workouts that work to reduce fat if you are consistent.
1. Cossack Squat
According to Kawamoto, owner of JKConditioning and a strength coach, this exercise can help to shape glutes and thighs from an all-around angle.
- Stand with feet at a wider than shoulder-width distance, leave your arms relaxed by your sides or hold a pair of weights.
- Squat as deep as you can to the left while turning your right toes up
- Flex your right foot so that your right leg remains straight and torso leans slightly forward to maintain balance
- Stretch arms upright out from shoulders.
- Reverse to the starting position and perform the exercise on the other side to finish 1 rep.
- Do 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
2. Extended Leg Lift
To perform this exercise that can burn inner thigh fat effectively, remember to move slowly throughout the workout.
- On the floor or a workout mat, lie on your side with a small pillow for neck support
- Move your top leg forward so it’s leaning on the floor
- Keep your bottom leg stretched and point your toes
- Lift it till it is about six inches off the ground and hold for three seconds
- Then, lower it back down, Do not let your bottom leg rest on the floor until you complete your set
- With each leg, do two sets of ten reps.
3. Tree Lean to Side Lunge
Not only does this exercise target inner thighs, but it also works the core, hips and entire lower body. It does this while increasing strength, endurance, and range of motion.
- Stand tall with your feet placed together and arms overhead
- Flex the spine sideways. Here, your arms and shoulders should be reaching left while your hips sway right
- Sweep arms up and over to make a half-circle down toward the right as left leg steps out into a side thrust
- Land in a deep side lunge with your left hand resting on your thigh and your right hand touching the floor.
- Launch off the floor and circle arms back overhead to return to sidelong lean as left foot returns to right.
- Do 10 reps before repeating on the opposite side.
4. Cross Stepping
For this exercise, you will need a staircase and a huge load of motivation.
- Face the railing of the staircase and hold onto it for balance
- From the bottom of the staircase, cross one leg over the other onto the first step
- Then, cross the opposite leg onto the next step
- Repeat this stepping until you reach the top.
For more intensity, use ankle weights. Ankle weights can help you to get toned thighs and muscles faster when you are cross stepping.
5. Scissor Leg Planks
The scissor leg plank not only helps to burn inner thigh fat, but it also forces other body parts like the arms, chest, and glutes to engage.
- Start by getting in a full plank position with each foot placed on a paper plate, folded towel, or a gliding disk.
- Keep your upper body stable slide feet apart, and open legs as wide as possible
- Then, slowly squeeze your inner thighs to slide your feet back together
- Do 2 sets of 15 reps, resting in between sets when necessary.
6. Barbell Squat
A certified strength coach has said that if you want to reduce the size of your thighs and look more toned, then your goal is really fat loss because you can’t spot reduce.
To increase fat loss and tighten your inner thighs, Exercises that recruit multiple muscles like barbell squats are your best shot.
- Place a barbell across shoulders, do not place on top of your neck
- Stand with feet apart, just wider than shoulder-width and toes turned out 10 to 15 degrees
- Bend knees and hips, lowering the body as close to the floor as possible. Your heels should not be off the ground and lower back should not lose its arch
- Keep knees wide, following in the same direction as toes to avoid letting knees drop in toward the midline of the body
- Reverse the motion and stand up
- Do 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
7. Side-Lying Double Leg Lifts
This is a variation of the traditional side-lying leg lifts that help to burn inner thigh fat. In this variation, the top leg acts as resistance when lifting the bottom leg.
You get to work the inner thighs of both legs while also targeting the outer thighs and obliques.
- Lie on one side ensuring that your body is in a straight line
- Extend bottom arm to support the head and neck
- Stack legs and allow knees and toes to point forward
- Then, place your top hand on the floor in front of chest for light support
- Then, pull belly in tight, and squeeze inner thighs together
- With legs glued together, slowly lift them off the mat
- Hinge on the hips and lift legs as high as possible while keeping legs together
- Keep hips stationed while knees and toes point directly forward
- Hold the pose for 1 to 2 seconds before slowly lowering to just above the floor
- Repeat and do 1 to 2 sets of 15 to 20 reps on each side.
With these best exercises, inner thigh fat is set to become a distant memory! Always remember that to achieve your goal of well-toned thighs, you need consistency.
So, the next time you are tempted to skip a workout, remind yourself that you are only delaying your desired thigh.