Are you finding it difficult to fit into your little black number? Is belly fat giving you sleepless nights? If your answer is yes, you need to make some lifestyle changes to get the figure of your dreams.
Dieting and exercises to burn upper belly fat go hand in hand. If you thought that only dieting will burn your belly fat, you are wrong. If you really want to lose weight, you need to include exercises to burn upper belly fat in your daily routine for targeting and reducing belly fat.
Upper Belly Fat is the most irritating accumulation of fat around the abdomen region. None one wants to have them and those that do want to get rid of them.
Upper Belly fat is not just irritating but it is actually dangerous to the health. It can actually cause many cardiovascular health complications.
No doubt, belly fat looks aesthetically displeasing. It can assume serious proportions and affect long-term health, if not curbed at the right time. Some of the most frequent problems faced by people with belly fat are high Cholesterol, heart stroke, hypertension, diabetes and many others.
Before we go on to discuss the exercises to burn upper belly fat, let us see the some of the causes of belly fat.
Causes of Belly Fat:
- Poor Metabolism
- Over Eating
- Dining Late At Night
- Hormonal Changes
- Poor Sitting Posture
- Sagging Muscles
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Drinking Alcohol
- Immediate Sleep after Meals
Best Exercises to Burn Upper Belly Fat
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor. If you’d like to get these workout gears, you can purchase from Amazon.
Everyone wants their belly flat, mostly teenagers especially now that summer is here. Our good metabolism will help to maintain a flat belly, even though you are eating high-calorie foods, sugary foods, fried foods etc. If your metabolism is not good you may suffer from bloated tummy and fat around your belly. To overcome those problems, we have compiled for you these 8 exercises to burn upper belly fat.
1. Bicycle Crunches
Not only does this move target your abs, but it also gets your hip flexors and glutes! Remember to engage your core instead of pulling with your neck or back.
- Lie on back with knees and hips at a 90-degree angle.
- Placing hands behind your head, exhale as you lift head and shoulders off the floor.
- Twist torso to the right, bringing left shoulder in to touch your right knee.
- Make sure to keep left leg straight and lifted off the floor.
- Inhale as you slowly lower.
Repeat, twisting torso to the left. Continue alternating sides for 60 seconds.
2. Scissor Kicks
- First, lie flat on your back.
- Extend your arms so they’re against the sides of your body with your palms pressing into the floor, or bend your elbows and place your palms under the back of your head.
- Now, bend your knees and draw them into your ribs. That way, it will be easier to pull your navel in toward your spine and press your lower back flat on the ground.
- Lift both legs straight up toward the ceiling, continuing to engage your abs and pressing your lower back into the ground.
- Keeping your core strong, slowly lower your right leg down toward the ground until it is a few inches above.
- Then slowly scissor your legs, lifting your right leg back up as you lower your left leg down toward the ground.
You may not feel this until you do it for a while until the 30th second or so. If you still do not feel it, focus and repeat the movement for up to 2 minutes.
3. Twist Crunches
Once you get used to the regular crunches, all you have to do is to modify the basic crunch. That way, you get an even more effective tummy exercise.
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees as you would do in crunches, keeping your feet on the floor.
- Then, lift your upper torso while performing crunches. But, in twist crunches, you have to lift just your right shoulder towards the left, keeping the left side of your torso on the ground.
Again alternatively, you can simply lift your left shoulder towards the right, and keep the right side of your torso on the ground.
Repeat 10 times.
4. Seated Ab Crunch
- Start by sitting on the edge of a stable chair or bench.
- Place your hands next to your butt and grip the front of the seat.
- Now, Lean back slightly and extend your legs down and away, keeping your heels 4 to 6 inches off the floor.
- Bend your knees and slowly raise your legs toward your chest.
- At the same time, lean forward with your upper body, allowing your chest to approach your thighs.
5. Wood Choppers
The wood chopper is a great move. This is because it is not only great for your abs, but it targets all the other main muscles in your body! Hereby ranking itself as one of the best exercises to burn upper belly fat.
- Hold the med ball or weight in both hands and bring it to one side of your body as you come into a half squat.
- Your chest and shoulders should turn toward the ball, but your hips and knees will face forward.
- Come out of the squat as you bring the weight diagonally across the body. The weight should be higher than your head at full extension.
- Keep your elbows soft and your hips facing forward. This will protect the knees and lower back from unnecessary twisting.
- Bring the ball back to the starting point without bending the elbows. This means the weight stays an arm’s-distance away from you at all times.
6. Mountain Climber
- Start in a traditional plank — shoulders over hands and weight on just your toes.
- With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward under your chest, with the toes just off the ground.
- Return to your basic plank.
- Then switch legs, bringing the left knee forward.
- Keep switching legs and begin to pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in place in a plank position.
- Continue “running” in your plank for 60 seconds.
7. Elbow to Knee Crunch
- Start by lying flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground.
- Place your left ankle on top of your right knee.
- With your hands behind your head, bring your knees toward your chest and lift your upper back until your shoulder blades off the mat. Be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Then bring your right elbow toward the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Perform the crunches for 30 seconds on your right side, then switch to the left side for the remaining 30 seconds.
8. Lunge Twist
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Now, Lunge forward as shown in the picture.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg, and sit down as if on a chair so that your knees make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Your left leg should be positioned backward, supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward.
- Twist your torso (just the torso, and not the legs) to the right and then to the left.
Repeat 15 times.
For a fast result, perform the above 8 exercises to burn upper belly fat for one minute each. Complete one set after the other with a rest of 30 seconds in between each.
For maximum results, perform this workout up to 5 days a week and you can be certain that you’ll be flashing some navel and flat belly in no time!