I know the question going through most minds right now is, ‘can I lose 10 pounds in 30 days’? Although it sounds impossible, it is entirely possible!.
If we have the opportunity to structure what our diets should look like, I am sure it will be all meals and snacks. Well, let me say for myself- plenty of treats, meals, and snacks, and maybe some other stuff too.
It is entirely acceptable if you desire to have your diet planned like that and which is why this diet plan is here for you.
Whenever people hear ‘lose 10 pounds in 10 days’, the first thing that comes to their mind is strict feeding routines. Better still, some people see it as a period of starvation as they often confuse dieting with starvation.
However, there are still quite some healthy diets that will give you fast and long-lasting results.
Although it is possible to drop 10 pounds in 10 days, the shed weight will be body fat and water weight. And the reason for this is because this diet plan helps to reduce your insulin levels such that your body lets go of stored carbs.
High insulin levels and these stored carbs, however, are solely responsible for water retention in the body. When there is a reduction in your insulin levels, your kidney will release excess sodium, which will cause the body to reduce its level of water retention.
If you have decided to lose 10 pounds in 10 days for reasons best known to you, you should know there will be some changes in your diet. And this diet will give your body the necessary nutrients and calories it needs to function properly.
Asides that, there would be some changes in your lifestyle as you might have to start working out. All of which would not put a strain on you or make you miserable along the way.
That being said, let’s move onto the 7-day meal plan to help you lose 10 pounds in 30 days!
- Eat low-sugar fruits only. These low sugar fruits include pomegranates, apples, bananas, and any citrus fruit.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water. Although you should drink 12 glasses of water today.
- You should eat vegetables only on the second day of your diet. However, you can begin your day with a plate of boiled potato.
- Eat any salad of your choice and make sure you drink 12 glasses of water.
- You have the right to eat both fruits and veggies today but no bananas or potatoes!
- Also, drink 12 glasses of water.
- Consume eight big bananas today. You can also have your vegetable soup.
- Drink three glasses of milk and 12 glasses of water.
- Eat a serving of plain boiled rice with six small tomatoes.
- If you wish, you can have more vegetable soup, oranges, apples, and grapefruit.
- Don’t forget to drink water- have at least 10 cups of it!
- Eat a small serving of rice, and you can have your vegetable soup up to three times today.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water.
- Eat a small serving of rice, plus you can have your vegetable soup and salad today.
- Drink at least ten glasses of water, and you can also drink fruit juice if you want.
Additional Tips To Help You Lose More Weight
1. Eat Less Carb And More Protein
Changing your food- eating a low carb diet has an overall impact on your weight. For any weight loss program, it is usually included that you consume low-carb foods. This is because low-carb foods will reduce how your body stores water-water weight.
Also, the consumption of lean protein foods will help reduce your appetite. Such that it gives your stomach the feeling of fullness for long and will also improve your metabolism.
2. Have a Workout Routine
Now that you have an effective diet plan, you have to add exercise to it. No need to fret- it is easy! Exercises are essential to maintaining a healthy weight. All types of exercise help to burn calories, though some burn more calories than others.
If you are not used to working out, you can start with some minutes of walking- walk to your destination instead of taking a cab. Other exercises include jogging, biking, and running.
After that, you can then proceed to the gym and work yourself hard to achieve your goal. You should work out for at least half an hour every day for five days, a week.
You need to know that it is effortless to trip off the track after you have achieved your goal, quitting the healthy lifestyle will do more harm to your body. Remember, the goal is to lose weight and keep the shed weight off for good!
Note: If you have a medical condition that requires daily medication, you have to first talk to your doctor or healthcare provider before starting any diet or workout plan.
3. Substitute Bad Foods With Good Ones
Losing weight is hard, maintaining the shed weight is even harder. You can have cheat days after a week of constant dieting. However, it should be done in moderation so that indulgence does not ruin your hard work.
If you have issues staying off sweet or fatty foods and snacks, it is best to cut them out of your way entirely. This will help reduce and eventually eliminating the cravings over time.
It is when you frequently give yourself cheat days that the cravings will overwhelm you, and you will go overboard with your fattening and sweet foods.
However, to lose weight and maintain it, replace your unhealthy snacks with good and healthy ones. For example, if you are craving sugar, you can have apples to suppress the craving.
All that said, if you want to snack at all, snack responsibly!
4. Be Active Outside The Gym
Hello there! It is fine if you work extra hard at the gym, but you have to keep it going even outside the gym. As this is necessary for you to lose weight and as such, maintain it.
The amount of weight you will lose is determined by how active and engaging you are throughout the day.
To burn extra calories such that you lose weight, the littlest things count. Such as using the stairs instead of an elevator, walking from the bus stop to your house, going for walks, and even doing house chores.
All of these will help you lose weight and guard against excessive weight gain.
5. Reduce Your Calorie Intake
When it comes to weight loss, reducing your calorie intake is one major factor that should not be ignored. To lose weight, it is only advisable that you consume fewer calories than you burn.
This is because if you are not eating fewer calories than you use, it will be difficult for you to lose weight.
To reduce calorie intake:
- Do not drink your calories. What this means is that you should drink water, coffee, teas, and zero-calorie drinks. Try as much as possible to avoid drinks that will load your body with extra calories that you do not need.
- Eat only at meals- reduce snacking to the minimum and don’t eat anything after you have had dinner.
- Count your calories- This step is significant! You need to know the number of calories you are putting into your body. To make this easy, you can use a calorie counting tool.
- Choose protein with low fat. They include chicken and fish.
- Eat more veggies- take all starchy carbs and fats off your plate and replace them with nutritious vegetables.
- Cut out calorie-laden toppings and sauces.
6. Begin Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is another tip that will make it possible for you to lose weight in no time. This calorie intake helps to reduce the number of calories you consume. It will force you to burn fat just because you are reducing what you are eating for a short period.
If you are thinking of going on intermittent fasting, there are different protocols from which you can choose. One is a 20 hour fast with a 4 hour feeding hour or a 16 hour fast with an 8-hour feeding window.
Note: When combining intermittent fasting with exercise, it is best to do the fasting at a time different than the workout.
7. Say NO!
You are likely to get tempted sometime during your diet, not minding the type of food you are on. This is why you should build yourself such that when you get offered tasty but unhealthy meals, you will be able to decline.
This step is usually not easy, especially when you are surrounded by “free-eaters.” Although people tend to respect a person that has goals and focus, this is, however not enough.
Also, if you want this step to work for you, you have to tell people around you- family and friends. When you tell your family and friends what you are up to, you will become accountable.
This is because they expect you to stay faithful to your diet and exercise such that they can see results and you will fulfill the goal of losing 10 pounds in 30 days.
Adjusting your diet and overall lifestyle to the diet plan and the additional tips listed here can make you lose 10 pounds in 30 days. However, when you are done with this diet, if you feel you need a more flexible plan, be sure to switch to it.
In all, make sure you are eating clean and healthy foods because a step off the right track will bring back all the weight you have lost.